Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate my neighbors.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

EVERY DAY my upstairs neighbor, vacuums her ENTIRE apartment sometime between 10am and noon, you can hear her moving couches and other furniture too.. That is the time my baby naps. It's driving me nuts. You can hear the vacuum and her walking all over the house more times than not, it wakes up the baby and I can't get her back to sleep for 1-2hours, it makes the baby grumpy all day and throws off her sleep schedule.

I have asked the neighbor to vacuum at another time, or maybe every other day. But she refuses, saying that is the only time she has when she is home alone and can get the house clean before the kids come home from school and that she works evenings so she can't do it then.  I have asked the office if there is anything that they can do and they said NO because it's in the middle of the day and she isn't doing anything wrong.

Now I have a super cranky baby but the neighbor doesn't care that it her fault that she didn't get a proper nap

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Why not just reschedule the baby? Just change her naptime and adjust your wake schedule....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:42 PM
Get over it.
StoicLife
by Katerina on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
You chose to live in an apartment, these are the consequences. I'm not seeing an issue
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:42 PM

cool troll post

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:44 PM
Seriously?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:44 PM
4 moms liked this
Lmao!!! News flash, the whole world doesn't revolve around your child. If you don't like her cleaning her own apartment that she paid for then why don't you move?

xoch86
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

You're joking, right?

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:45 PM

The best thing you can probably do is move someplace where there's no chance of people walking/vacuuming above you.  Maybe you can go to the office and ask to be moved up?  Long-term, though, your baby'll become a noisy kid and the people below you will be the ones complaining.  You might do better in a townhouse or side-by-side duplex.

Mandymb
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:47 PM
Lol you can't tell her when to clean her house. She is not breaking any rules. It's a part of apartment living.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:47 PM
That's apartment living. My down stairs neighbor called the cops on us once and complained to the landlord more times than I can count..she was living there way before us and tried to bully us into moving. The landlord eventually told her to move and she did not want to so now she doesn't complain.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)