Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know if I'm out of my mind or what

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
But the other day a goose of 3 that were there literally flew up in the air in front of us as we were driving through the parking lot of Walmart. He swerved a little to dodge ( the goose ) then dh made it an inch and the mfer flew in the way again and was centimeters from hitting my side of the window. These jackasses are on a list of animals you're not allowed to kill if they are a threat to you. So, I asked dh what we were supposed to do if one were attacking our daughter; and he urged nothing because we would get in a lot of trouble if we killed it. These things could have caused an accident. There were two more on the ground that wouldn't move either. They were just in the street flopping their wings making noise.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:46 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:58 PM
It's funny now. Then I swear to God my heart skipped a beat. I was out of my seat still in my seatbelt.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

sidesplittinglaughter

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:01 PM
Endangered or not if it's attacking me or my child it has declared war and all is fair in love and war. LOL
wakymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I swear those Canadian geese know they are protected like that and love to rub it in our noses.

I maintain that if the goose is hatched in Indiana, it is a Hoosier goose, and therefore fair game : )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:16 PM
That's what I was thinking!! These things can peck the crap out of a child especially. I'm not chancing it at all. Dh said in court they would ask you why you would be so close to your child discharging a firearm. It really is an iffy sounding situation.

Quoting bmw29: Endangered or not if it's attacking me or my child it has declared war and all is fair in love and war. LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:17 PM
THANK YOU! Why should we care those things are endangered when they are DANGEROUS!? Lol These wonderful lawmakers, I tell ya.

Quoting wakymom:

I swear those Canadian geese know they are protected like that and love to rub it in our noses.

I maintain that if the goose is hatched in Indiana, it is a Hoosier goose, and therefore fair game : )

quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:53 PM

there was an episode of infested where bats were in someones attic and they couldnt kill them cause they were protected..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:12 PM
You should recheck your laws. Canadian Geese are no longer on the protected species list. Some places even give permits to hunt them. You probably cannot hurt them if they are not actually attacking you, but may be able to use some type of force if you are being attacked. Check your local laws.
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:14 PM
I have about 200 geese on my property right now. They are loud and shit on everything. Damn geese.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:23 PM
I wouldn't shoot the damn thing since it would obviously be so close to the person I was trying to protect but I would damn sure beats the shit from it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's what I was thinking!! These things can peck the crap out of a child especially. I'm not chancing it at all. Dh said in court they would ask you why you would be so close to your child discharging a firearm. It really is an iffy sounding situation.

Quoting bmw29: Endangered or not if it's attacking me or my child it has declared war and all is fair in love and war. LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)