Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I work for my money, you don't

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
Just finished getting my taxes done and they gave me the amounts that I would relieve back, and my gst/tax for this year starting July. I get almost 600 less than i normally would because I came off of welfare and started working. Obviously I understand that welfare is something that people might need at some point however they should not receive more than a single mother who works part time. A person on welfare should not be able to live so comfortably. The system so effed up... Daycare is so outrageously priced that I can't afford to work full time and working full time would cause my income to be just over the "low income limit". Eliminating any subsidy options. Plus 2 out of 3 of my kids are already subsided for preschool so I can't put the kids in daycare anyway. I am just so oveewhelmed with this information right now. Like come July, I might as well go back on welfare!
I don't know what heck I'm going to do 😡😡😡😭😭😥
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

You only work part time yet youre still bitching ?? How do you live off of part time wages ?? Oh by getting reduced day care price ......... 

LisaStiles
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Why did you have three children without first having solid financial footing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:06 PM

huh?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:07 PM
6 moms liked this
The hypocrisy of this post is outstanding....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
So you're bitching about ppl on welfare, yet you used to be on it and are thinking about going back on it......
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:10 PM

Isn't it sad?  I know a few people who work part time.  They would love to go full time but wont because they would lose benefits and it wouldn't be worth it.  Sad and f***ed up system.

GaleJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:11 PM
Our system is not organized in a way that helps people achieve a self supporting life and that does discourage some people from trying.
boredhousewif83
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:11 PM
How did you file taxes prior to working? Are you married and were filing using his income?

Edit: Nevermind, I see you said single mother. How were you filing before with no income coming in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:12 PM
Well it's nice that Money taken FROM MY PAYCHECK (you know the money I work for) goes to pay for YOUR child care. Next time don't have kids you can't afford, it really is that simple.
FromAtoZ
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:14 PM

Wait a minute, you are complaining about people who receive welfare benefits yet you receive some of the benefits while working?

And you state you might as well go back on it?

I agree that daycare costs can be too much for families but one should consider that when having children.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)