Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone taken the TEAS nursing enterance exam?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I am scheduled to take my teas exam on Thursday. This will be my third time taking the test. The first time I took it, I got a 60%, the second time I got a 68%. At my college, a 58% is considered passing aka proficient. However, due to the competitive nature, they only start accepting people at about an 80% and up.

I'm really nervous I will get a low score again. I am applying to 2 more colleges this time. Even with those, I will need a score in at least the mid 70's. My GPA is a 4.0 is all my pre requisites and I've been working in a hospital for some time now. I really want to be a nurse but this test is a thorn in my side. I think the test is BS and overpriced at $100. Anyways, I've just been studying often but not to the point of being burnt out. I started studying back in January for this. I re read the study manual word for word, made flash cards...the whole 9.

Anyone have any helpful advice? If I can't pass it this time, I'm thinking of a back up plan.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:31 PM
Here's a bump. Good luck.
allycally
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:33 PM
Have you been taking practice test?
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:34 PM

Sorry but they have this test set up for a reason. If you can't pass the entrance exam, then there is a really good chance you would never make it through the classes. I wish you the best of luck but in my opinion, if you don't pass it for the third time, move on and pursue another career. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:34 PM
Yes I took 2.

Quoting allycally: Have you been taking practice test?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:36 PM
Lol it really has very little to do with nursing besides critical thinking. My bad I can't remember the layer of the earths atomosphere

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Sorry but they have this test set up for a reason. If you can't pass the entrance exam, then there is a really good chance you would never make it through the classes. I wish you the best of luck but in my opinion, if you don't pass it for the third time, move on and pursue another career. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:36 PM
And what did you score on those?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes I took 2.

Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:37 PM

My brother and his wife did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:38 PM
An 80 over all

Quoting Anonymous 3: And what did you score on those?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:39 PM
Thankfully, that test wasn't a thing when I went to nursing school. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous 1: An 80 over all

Quoting Anonymous 3: And what did you score on those?

Ms_mom_81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:43 PM

I don't know. I think I got around a 70%, but I am not completely sure. The RN program was very competitive. I took the TEAS for LPN. I got that and then I went back for my RN. The bridge program was much easier for me to get into. I didn't study for the TEAS. Does your GPA not factor into you getting in as well?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)