Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh, Holy Crap! New Technology Rocks!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:50 PM
  • 30 Replies
2 moms liked this

I got a new cell phone today, the Droid Turbo 2.  First, it's got a shatterproof screen, the guys at the store were banging the demos on the counters, HARD!  It's got ballistic nylon on the back, so if I ever get shot it might save my life, if it's judiciously placed.  LOL, just kidding with that one, but it does have ballistic nylon.  And most amazing, it has a turbo charger.  It was at 8%, I plugged it into the charger for an hour an 15 minutes and it's at 100%.  That's some serious turbo!

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:53 PM
3 moms liked this
My phone updated with new emojis today. It was exciting.
Flurffy
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:54 PM
I need that... I cracked the screen on my newest phone after having it for ONE DAY.
mammakittykat
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:56 PM
My husband has that p hone. He loves it. His charger also works with my phone too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:58 PM

I feel like those features aren't THAT cool. I'm leaving this post a bit disappointed :( Congrats on your new phone though..

LyTe684
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice!
MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:59 PM

So far I love it, but I've only had it a few hours.  I need to get off here and go play with it now that it's all charged up.

Quoting Flurffy: I need that... I cracked the screen on my newest phone after having it for ONE DAY.

MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Does it rapid charge your phone or just regularly charge it?  They threw a Mophie 3x Powerstation in with my bundle because my trade in on my old phone was only $25.  I'm wondering if the charger will rapid charge that.

Quoting mammakittykat: My husband has that p hone. He loves it. His charger also works with my phone too.

MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Really?  To me, a phone that is nearly indestructible and fully charges in a little over an hour is the bees knees.  It also has a really good camera and a ton of stuff I need to get off here and explore.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I feel like those features aren't THAT cool. I'm leaving this post a bit disappointed :( Congrats on your new phone though..

MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Then again, I wear a Swiss Army Watch because it's nearly indestructible as well.  I'm not particularly prone to breaking things, but I like the idea of having things that will really last.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

mammakittykat
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:04 PM
Mine rapid charges off of his. I have a Galaxy note 5. I also have a wireless charger that rapid charges my phone too. I go from 0% to 100% in an hour and a half on the wireless charger and an hour and fifteen minutes on his charger.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)