Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's me or the dog! Long

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Mobile Photo

So I was given a dog by a friend. She needed a loving home and I've been looking for a pet for my kids. I didn't want her going to the pound. Only thing I had to pay for was a bed and food. She's friendly around kids and mostly house trained. What more could a girl want lol.

Well I told df that I wanted a pet for the kids last week and he's like you're nuts. But never said no. So I took in the dog and we named her Charlotte. She's extremely quiet, loving and thinks she's a lap dog.

Well df started packing his things and left this morning told me he couldn't live in the same house as a dog and that he couldn't stand me anymore. He broke up with me.

Nows he thinking he can fight for custody on kids he said he never wanted. He doesn't even have a roof over his head. He's living with his aunt who has 7 people living in her two bedroom apt. He just told me he won't be keeping them while I'm at work anymore too.
This is just how I wanted my day to start and relationship to end.

Is it to early to start drinking lol.
The kids are 5 months and 3 years and my 3 year old is going to be heartbroken when he learns daddy isn't coming back.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookiemonster77
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:14 PM

Sounds like he wasn't that into you if he would leave without a serious discussion, or any discussion first.

bleumonster
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:15 PM
8 moms liked this
Over a dog? Sounds like you got the better end of the deal by keeping the dog.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:16 PM
That's how i feel too. Even though we have been together for 5 years.

Quoting cookiemonster77:

Sounds like he wasn't that into you if he would leave without a serious discussion, or any discussion first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:16 PM
4 moms liked this

I'd start making him contact you via text or e-mail only so you can have documentation of his stupidity. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:16 PM
Yep she's awesome. Haven't even heard her bark once yet

Quoting bleumonster: Over a dog? Sounds like you got the better end of the deal by keeping the dog.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:17 PM
He just used it as an excuse to check out, or had enough of being ignored, still you should have come to an agreement before bringing it home. He has a right to his kids, they are not yours only.
Corieva
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:17 PM
Dog. Always take the dog.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Great minds think alike because that's the only way I will contact him right now.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'd start making him contact you via text or e-mail only so you can have documentation of his stupidity. 

mamatink7
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:18 PM
What a big baby. You're much better without him. Beauty of a puppy though
HandMmom12
by Jody on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:18 PM

You're better off with the dog, what an asshole.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)