Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He told me to snap out of it , and I just can't .

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
Three years ago I lost my 1year old ds to a car accident with a drunk driver . I have never gotten over it I visit his grave site every week on Saturday because that's the day he was born . I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant we found out that we are having a baby girl . Dh wants to clear out ds's room(I haven't touched a thing in there since my ds's funeral ) to make room for the new baby and idk if I can . I go in there every morning and sit in the rocker and just look at his crib . It's almost a sacred place for me . Well today Dh brought boxes home to start packing up the room and I flipped , we have a third bedroom and I'm not ready to let go of his things. Dh yelled at me to get over it and that ds is never coming back . I'm in tears I'd what to do but he can't touch our child's things. He told me to get help and move on . IM NOT SURE I CAN.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:43 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm so sorry. He's right though, you should get some help to deal with this. I can't imagine what you're going through
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:45 PM

I am so sorry that you are suffering so much.  Maybe grief counselling would help you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:45 PM
Everyone grieves differently but part of grief is learning acceptance and moving forward. Maybe you should talk to someone.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine.
quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:45 PM

you do need help but your dh is still an ass..

fightlikegirl.2
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:45 PM
4 moms liked this
It's been almost 11 months since my son died. I will never move on or get over it. You can't . Yes life goes on but you are NEVER the person you were before. Your husband is a dick. It's not something you can snap out of. Your child died. If his room is your special place that you go to, to remember him, grieve, hold your memories. Then you should never change it unless YOU want too. Don't let him force you.
teri4lance
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:46 PM
2 moms liked this

mama, you need to get some grief counseling. I'm not telling you to get over it, but I think you would both benefit from a little help. HE's not dealing with it well either, he's jsut doing it in a different way. hugs. 

celticgodess
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:47 PM
3 moms liked this
For your sanity, your marriage, and mostly your daughter, you need to get help! Now! Before she gets here. I can not imagine your anguish, but 3 years is a long time. If you haven't started healing on your own, you need to find someone to help you move forward, one on one or a support group!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:47 PM
Thank you , In my heart I know he's right

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm so sorry. He's right though, you should get some help to deal with this. I can't imagine what you're going through
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:47 PM
Please talk to a therapist. Grief will destroy your life. Hugs on your loss!
jamamama00
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Your husband is a fucking moron for not recognizing that you're depressed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)