• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cervical Cancer. a PSA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 154 Replies
I have seen several (possibly troll) posts about SMs with Cancer and and not wanting sks around and blah blah blah. This is not one of them.

Today I found out I have invasive cervical cancer. The pap I had 3 weeks ago was the first one I have had in probably 12 years. I am 37 years old with 4 kids. It came back severe dysplasia and they scheduled a colposcopy and biopsy immediately. Today I found out it is, in fact, invasive Cancer.

I have to have a CT scan, an MRI and a PET scan to find out how far and where it has spread. I also have to have a radical hysterectomy. And probably chemo and radiation. I am in shock.

Don't skip your Pap smears. This is what could happen. My kids could end up losing their Mom because I hate the gynocologist. Avoiding an uncomfortable procedure is not worth this.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:50 PM
Bump
Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:50 PM
I'm so so sorry.

And you are right. This bears repeating.

Moms here never even go to the doctor. I see it all the time :(

Best of luck.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have seen several (possibly troll) posts about SMs with Cancer and and not wanting sks around and blah blah blah. This is not one of them.

Today I found out I have invasive cervical cancer. The pap I had 3 weeks ago was the first one I have had in probably 12 years. I am 37 years old with 4 kids. It came back severe dysplasia and they scheduled a colposcopy and biopsy immediately. Today I found out it is, in fact, invasive Cancer.

I have to have a CT scan, an MRI and a PET scan to find out how far and where it has spread. I also have to have a radical hysterectomy. And probably chemo and radiation. I am in shock.

Don't skip your Pap smears. This is what could happen. My kids could end up losing their Mom because I hate the gynocologist. Avoiding an uncomfortable procedure is not worth this.
Kit25
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:52 PM

I am SO sorry, praying they can get it all! Have had run ins with dysplasia myself and all the rest. I have been lucky this far that the colposcopy and biopsy I had managed to get rid of it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:52 PM
Thank you. I know how it can be. I hate the dr. The only reason I even went was because my fiance talked me into it. He has been concerned about my health lately...apparently for good reason. I hope by sharing this I can make some of the women here stop and think about what can happen.

Quoting Canadiana: I'm so so sorry.

And you are right. This bears repeating.

Moms here never even go to the doctor. I see it all the time :(

Best of luck.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have seen several (possibly troll) posts about SMs with Cancer and and not wanting sks around and blah blah blah. This is not one of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:53 PM
Thank you so much. I am really scared right now.

Quoting Kit25:

I am SO sorry, praying they can get it all! Have had run ins with dysplasia myself and all the rest. I have been lucky this far that the colposcopy and biopsy I had managed to get rid of it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:54 PM
It's almost impossible to get cervical cancer if you and your husband have only been with each other. I'm not worried.
(I researched last year when I was having random bleeding. Let me know if you find something that says otherwise.)
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry. And yes women need paps. I just had one and since I am 40 and hpv Neg I don't need another for 5 years. That's a long time IMO.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:55 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:56 PM
Ok. Well, I wasn't exactly a whore myself. I have been with my exhusband, my fiance and 2 other boys back in high school. So...it can happen.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's almost impossible to get cervical cancer if you and your husband have only been with each other. I'm not worried.
(I researched last year when I was having random bleeding. Let me know if you find something that says otherwise.)
ThisMom128
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:56 PM
I had a Colposcopy and biopsy last week but I do not have my results yet... I hope everything works out for you! I also have never been good with going to the doctors
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)