Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bm/sm question involving Hair !?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Okay so here is the situation. I am white he is african american. He has two kids and one is a girl. His kids are biracial, but his dd is more dark and has the african american hair texture. He says his dds hair should be washed every 3 or 4 days. My question is how often should it be washed. Their mom told me once ever two weeks. I washed and brushed her and it needed it. She is almost 9 and is old enough to start learning how to deal with her own hair so I was going to start working with her on skills on how to do this. So here is my question for african americans or woman with biracial children.

How often should it be washed?

What are some things I need to know about her hair?

How can I help her learn to comb/brush it and style it?

Also I should add that her hair is very curly and thick. I have never watched her wear it down, but I feel like if it was worked with and conditioned it would be very pretty down on occasion. 

I might add that when  I washed it she had like an inch wide 3 inch long completely matted rats nest.

Now bm likes me so  I want to be careful and not overwash it and not step on her toes. I plan to discuss things with her to make sure suggestions are okay with her. We have an open line of communication. I just want to better understand what I am helping with. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mama_danetta
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:02 PM
No clue but here's a bump
MOM-RN
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:05 PM
I suggest taking her to a stylist the specializes in that hair type and have hee show you both what to do.
codfish
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:06 PM
My cousin adopted a little girl who is actually African. A friend of hers suggested the book "Vanilla Care For Chocolate Hair". Make sure she always knows how amazing she and her hair are!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:07 PM
My best suggestion is to befriend a black lady and have her teach/show you all you need to know. They can even teach your Sd how to take care of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:07 PM

ty

Quoting MOM-RN: I suggest taking her to a stylist the specializes in that hair type and have hee show you both what to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:09 PM

Thank you

Quoting codfish: My cousin adopted a little girl who is actually African. A friend of hers suggested the book "Vanilla Care For Chocolate Hair". Make sure she always knows how amazing she and her hair are!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)