• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone have a tooth implant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I got my implant(not the tooth part yet just the part that screws into the bone). It's still swollen but I'm worried it's not right. Obviously dentist is closed now so thought I would ask here. If you have pictures of yours after you got stitches removed(before getting the tooth part I'd love to see them)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:58 PM
Bump
bigmouthbabe
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:59 PM
My close friend got her entire bottom teeth done this year. Wish I could help. Hang in there. I'm sure it is fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Thanks.

Quoting bigmouthbabe: My close friend got her entire bottom teeth done this year. Wish I could help. Hang in there. I'm sure it is fine.
bigmouthbabe
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:07 PM
Did they not place a temporary in?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks.

Quoting bigmouthbabe: My close friend got her entire bottom teeth done this year. Wish I could help. Hang in there. I'm sure it is fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:24 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I have a false tooth on my retainer...and this is how it looks without it...

Quoting bigmouthbabe: Did they not place a temporary in?

bigmouthbabe
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:26 PM
I didn't see my friends, but I think that looks ok. It's not red. Just keep following their after care instructions. It's going to be swollen for a while and even get worse before it gets better. It will heal quick. When are they talking about putting the permanent in?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:31 PM
3/4 months. The part under is just a huge flap, and my gum is receding on the front tooth beside it. I'm hoping with time everything looks normalish.

Quoting bigmouthbabe: I didn't see my friends, but I think that looks ok. It's not red. Just keep following their after care instructions. It's going to be swollen for a while and even get worse before it gets better. It will heal quick. When are they talking about putting the permanent in?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:33 PM
I was a dental assistant and dealt with a few of these. It looks fine, pretty good for just having all this work done. Your gum tissue is just swollen from surgery. Once the swelling goes down and the tissue gets used to that area being different it will look and feel more normal.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:34 PM

It doesn't look bad.  What concerns you?  Just remember it takes time to heal.  

theResidentCat
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:35 PM

Im getting one done soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)