• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does she not understand?! Vent. EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My friend lives with her mom, SO and DD. She pays one bill...her phone. Doesn't help with rent, utilities or water. Sometimes buys groceries. My vent is she ALWAYS wants to go out. Movies, places around town, restaurants. I tell her I can't always go because my DH and I pay mortgage and other bills on our own. She whines if I don't go. Ugh. She's 30 and still living at home with her enabling mother. Ok vent over.

Edit: She's actually my ex's sister. I've known her over 20 years now. It's complicated extended family for my son. I try not to get involved with much but sometimes it's too much. Can't really not see her since my son absolutely adores her.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
astheworldspins
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:05 PM
How are you still friends with someone like that? I would be dropping her and quick
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:06 PM
She sounds stuck in her teens.
bigmouthbabe
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm "friend" picky. She'd be on my nerves with that mess. I couldn't deal with her.
Ryansmom2004
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:07 PM
Tell her when she starts paying her own rent, utilities, etc she won't have the money to go out all the time either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:08 PM
She's actually my ex's sister. I've known her over 20 years now. It's complicated extended family for my son. I try not to get involved with much but sometimes it's too much

Quoting astheworldspins: How are you still friends with someone like that? I would be dropping her and quick
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:09 PM
What kind of phone do you have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:10 PM
An iPhone. Why?

Quoting Ted1242: What kind of phone do you have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:10 PM
Why are you still friends with her?
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:10 PM
YOU should tell her EXACTLY what you told us. I couldnt deal with a whiny ass like that. She would get her feelings hurt around me, LMAOOOIIO
Crystaa
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:10 PM
I had a friend like that but she lived in her own but daddy paid for everything..car, beautiful apartment, school, electric bill, lhone bill, food ect it was sad to watch because she was also in her early 30s!

We are nolonger close friends due to our differences. It's hard being an adult and talking to a child all the time lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)