Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What an adventure!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Some time ago I posted that I was really scared about dh starting a business. I was nervous about having enough work, and me being able to support him through this, help him out, and still maintain my job and the kids. I'm happy to say we are doing it. I've learned a lot, I handle a lot for him since he's driving a lot, and I'm still doing my job. The house is sometimes a complete disaster but so far no major cotastrophes, dh has broke even for 2 months, and has bought a lot of necessary equipment. Just now I managed to save the day by emailing myself some documents just in case. Dh called me all worried because I'm at work, he's 3 states away, and his partner is 300 miles away. They're both driving. He needed his insurance card emailed to a company and I was able to tell him not to worry because I had it saved in my email and could easily forward it. Plus I found each of the guys a load today to keep them moving.
It's been a lot of work and it's been hard, but I'm so proud of him and I'm pretty proud of myself for handling it so well even though sometimes I'm pretty cranky. The kids also have been amazing!
Oh dh has been in one accident, his trailer was struck by lightening once, he's had a blowout on the trailer, and he loaded a few things he wasn't quite prepared for which about gave me a heart attack. But it all worked out. Oh he broke a finger too. That's pretty common for him though.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:28 PM
It sounds like it's going well, which is great!

What kind of business is it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:38 PM
We've had some hiccups and dh is stressing because he's not building the accounts as fast as he'd like, but he's in the black at least. Bills are paid. It's a trucking company but not a semi. It's called less than trailer load or hot shot trucking. He drives a dually with a gooseneck trailer and mainly has been transporting other vehicles.

Quoting KaylinC03: It sounds like it's going well, which is great!

What kind of business is it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:04 PM
Bump
meowsrus
by MamaKitty on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:06 PM
Sounds like you both have things well in hand so far!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:09 PM
Well some days it doesn't appear so, but we keep our heads above water. I guess that's enough to be happy about.

Quoting meowsrus: Sounds like you both have things well in hand so far!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)