Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever been on welfare?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 157 Replies
This includes WIC and EBT and Medicaid. Not just cash assistance. And are you still on it?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:30 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:32 PM
Yup, I was for a whole month. I had just lost my job, ex & I split the next day. I collected one payment that was it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:33 PM
That's not too bad. I know someone who is on it and pretty much plans to stay on it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yup, I was for a whole month. I had just lost my job, ex & I split the next day. I collected one payment that was it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:33 PM
I had medicaid once for 8 months for my daughter. I was thankful too I got laid off suddenly right after she was born.
Lillibella
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:33 PM

No, I have never received any form of public assistance, growing up or in my adult life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:33 PM
Yes

Yes
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:34 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:35 PM
I got wic, when my kids were little, yes I have been on food stamps and medicaid. Currently dh and I have insurance through his work, our children have florida kidcare/healthy kids.. no I am not ashamed of it.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:35 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:35 PM

I know many people like that. I lived in low income housing for about a year 10 years ago. I was so happy to move on from that place and looked forward to a better life.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's not too bad. I know someone who is on it and pretty much plans to stay on it.
Quoting Anonymous 2: Yup, I was for a whole month. I had just lost my job, ex & I split the next day. I collected one payment that was it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)