Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What age can you give Pedialyte.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I'm waiting for the nurse to call back. My four month old has diarrhea and isn't drinking as much as she normally does. I was wondering if I can't give it to her what will help.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:35 PM
Bump
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:38 PM
I would never give that to any of my children. It's sugar.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:38 PM
Sure, dip the corner of a face clothe in it and let her suck on it.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:41 PM
4 months is too young.

Once they are eating regular foods it's ok. When my youngest was 10 months old and ended up in the hospital due to dehydration (rotavirus) they gave him pedialyte and ready made formula bottles in addition to his IV of liquids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Do I just let nature take its course?

Quoting smorgan865: 4 months is too young.

Once they are eating regular foods it's ok. When my youngest was 10 months old and ended up in the hospital due to dehydration (rotavirus) they gave him pedialyte and ready made formula bottles in addition to his IV of liquids.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:04 PM
Keep pushing the formula or breastmilk.

Is she having any just pee diapers? I know it's hard to tell when they have diarrhea. Pee diapers are good.

Is she acting normal otherwise? Trying to play at all? Does she respond to you when you try to interact? If so, then there's not much need for worry just yet.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do I just let nature take its course?
Quoting smorgan865: 4 months is too young.

BabyBrooke13
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:11 PM
At 4 mo my ds get sick and ended up in the hospital. He was becoming dehydrated and before going the iv route they gave him pedialyte. Small amounts at a time just to get some fluids in him.
bigmouthbabe
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:14 PM
I wouldn't until they say it's ok. Diarrhea isn't something to worry too much about. It's just her body getting rid of something sick in her. As long as she has wet diapers and isn't dehydrated. When they call, have them tell you what signs to look for in that regard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:18 PM

maybe a little, 4 ounces just to get something in. try not to rely on that. Keep trying to give water.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:20 PM
NO no water for 4 month old.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/feeding-your-baby/giving-water-to-baby.aspx

Quoting Anonymous 3:

maybe a little, 4 ounces just to get something in. try not to rely on that. Keep trying to give water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)