• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Demand a Refund!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

So..I'm a single mom and as a birthday surprise I brought my son to a popular family resort for a long weekend. He had an absolute blast! He can't wait to return...but there were sooo many problems. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have never, ever in my life asked for any type of refund or credit. I've never complained at a resort, but this was completely unacceptable.

To give the very short list of what happened (I can give more details if asked):

1. One of the two beds in the room was dirty. I did take pics of the bed, but I'm unsure about posting that here. The bed had hard stains on it, hair, and then some type of substance that could be brushed away. There's simply no way the sheets were washed. It was clear the other bed was...maybe this was an oversight?

2. I ordered a birthday package for my son ($100). They completely forgot to give it to him. They did once I asked them to again, but of course the surprise was ruined at that point.

3. This is the worst...I paid for my reservation in cash. I did book on one of my debit cards, but paid in cash when I got there. Well, I guess there was a mistake because the girl charged my card the $600 as well. I noticed today when my balance was lower than expected. When I called, they said it was a mistake and that they would return the money in the next few days. As I type this though, I still don't have that money. I am so fortunate that this wasn't bill money or anything..but if it was I would be in trouble.

I told a friend about all of this (and the other lesser things that happened) and she of course said I should get some type of refund or credit for a future stay. I do want to stay again...maybe...because my son had such a blast. I've just never ever been the type of person to complain. So..would you complain? Would you hope to get something for free? It just feels so...wrong to me. Then again, so much happened and with the price they charge I'm pretty horrified.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:35 PM
You should have complained while you were there. You also should have asked to change rooms immediately, reminded them of your sons birthday package you paid for, etc. These are all things you should have done prior to leaving.

But now that it's over, I think your best course of action is to file a complaint with the management and see where it goes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:35 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:37 PM

I didn't complain about the bed. My SM is a housekeeper and I just didn't want to get someone in trouble. I should have said something though...you are right.

I did remind them of the birthday package, but it was that morning. I didn't think they would need a reminder that afternoon as well, but they are a busy resort. Once I reminded them that they forgot, they did get the package together for me.

Quoting KaylinC03: You should have complained while you were there. You also should have asked to change rooms immediately, reminded them of your sons birthday package you paid for, etc. These are all things you should have done prior to leaving. But now that it's over, I think your best course of action is to file a complaint with the management and see where it goes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:37 PM
All you can do is call and ask to speak to a manager and see what they can offer you. Most businesses no longer go with the saying the customer is always right. Good luck they will probably assume that since you didn't make an issue of it there then they don't need to do anything about it.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:38 PM
This. Demand what you pay for the second you realize you aren't getting it. Not after. Just reading about the bed made me gag.

Quoting KaylinC03: You should have complained while you were there. You also should have asked to change rooms immediately, reminded them of your sons birthday package you paid for, etc. These are all things you should have done prior to leaving.

But now that it's over, I think your best course of action is to file a complaint with the management and see where it goes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Im curious..was this great wolf lodge?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I didn't complain about the bed. My SM is a housekeeper and I just didn't want to get someone in trouble. I should have said something though...you are right.

I did remind them of the birthday package, but it was that morning. I didn't think they would need a reminder that afternoon as well, but they are a busy resort. Once I reminded them that they forgot, they did get the package together for me.

Quoting KaylinC03: You should have complained while you were there. You also should have asked to change rooms immediately, reminded them of your sons birthday package you paid for, etc. These are all things you should have done prior to leaving.

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:39 PM
1. I would call my bank asap. I hope you still have a reciept saying you paid cash.

2. Def complain about the bed.

3. Sometimes things get lost in the shuffle. Even though they forgot he still got his package. I would mention it for them to correct future mistakes. But I would not ask for a refund because of it.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:39 PM

You really should have complained about the room immediately. You would likely have been comp'd at least a night's stay and probably gotten a free upgrade. 

But yes, you should let the company know about your experience. They want return customers, so they want to know when things happen that might discourage customers from coming back.

VickyJoJo
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:40 PM

I would absolutely complain. You really have nothing to lose.  You might get a credit. 

Hope on their website, find the managers/supervisors contact info and paste/add your list above.  Include the photos and receipts.  I had to do that once at a water park resort (although no where near the issues you had).  Got a credit towards a future visit although there wasn't a snowballs chance I would go back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:40 PM

You really should have complained and asked for a new room right away.  That is disgusting.  You really should file a complaint about the person who double charged you for the room.  That's why I would never use a debit card for that stuff.  People make stupid mistakes that could really screw me over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)