Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD? School nurse EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
If you found out the nurse at your child's school was not a certified nurse nor had an educational background, would you say something to the principal?

Edit: so actually I'm the "nurse". I do not have any certificates nor an educational background. I am CPR certified but that's it. If parents ask I let them know I'm a health assistant and there is an RN hired by the school that comes in once every couple of weeks or I can call her. I give band aids, ice packs and administer any medication the kids have on file. I wondered what sanctimommies would say.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:42 PM
I would definitely ask about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:43 PM
How would you even find that out, creeper.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:43 PM

If he/she was hired under the pretenses of being a licensed RN or LPN, then yes, I would. But I don't know what the laws/regulations are for who is qualified to be a school "nurse." I know when I looked into it (I'm an RN) it was for RNs, but I'm sure that differs by state/county.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:44 PM
I would. What if something happened to a kid and she suddenly decided she has an aversion to whatever happened?
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:44 PM

You should check your local school district's regulations on that position and go from there.

readyforhim
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:45 PM
Maybe I would wonder why, but the school should have an answer for you.
lalalamama
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:47 PM
Of course I would!
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Do you have your information confirmed or is it merely the usual PS gossip mill?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:48 PM
I enjoy being a creeper.

Quoting Ted1242: How would you even find that out, creeper.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:49 PM
I would ask the school about it. But it's not like the school nurse does anything more than anyone off the street could do. They check temps, oversee the child taking thier own meds if required,put on bandaids, and keep kids calm if a bone is broke or they need stitches. Honestly an RN degree would be an over qualification unless they also taught health classes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)