Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is going to die.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
And there's nothing I can do to stop it.
My dd is 19. She has a beautiful 16 month old baby who barely knows her. Why? Because she is on either meth or heroin. I've heard it's both. I have had the baby since November when this addiction took hold of her. I've called the sheriff's dept looking for help, I've called DSS looking for help. The police tell me they can't do anything unless she's caught with drugs. DSS tells me since she doesn't have the baby when she goes to get high, they won't do anything because she makes sure the baby is taken care of (by leaving her with me). We have begged her to get help before she dies and she swears she doesn't have a problem. The baby's father is sitting in jail, where he's been since November.
I guess there's no point to this post except I'm at my wits end and I don't know what to do anymore. I can't sit back and watch my child kill herself but it seems that until she wants help, I don't have a choice!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw, sweetie. I'm sorry. We have to let our kids make their own bad choices. And we can't really stop it. My prayers to you and our daughter.

_ethansmommy
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Sadly there's nothing you can do. I'm so sorry you have to sit by while your daughter destroys herself. Thank his that little baby has you
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:00 PM
This is so sad.

Unfortunately though, you're right. Until she wants help or recognizes the problem you can't do much.

Getting her arrested is going to be helpful though, as much as it doesn't seem like it. She can hopefully get into a drug court program, etc. and maybe it will be the wakeup call she needs for rehab. I understand you can't have her arrested without evidence, but if you can find some, somehow, do it. That might be your best chance.

Good luck.
Msmom1104
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Meth and heroine addiction are so hard to overcome. If she doesn't think there is a problem then she won't seek the help that she needs. The only way they will force her to get some form of help (and I find this so u fortunate) is if she gets in trouble with the law or overdoses. Is there anyway that you can help stage some sort of intervention? Even if she gets a tiny glimpse of what she is doing to herself and her family, that might be enough to get the ball rolling. My father battled drug addiction for many years. I never thought he'd over come them but he has been clean for 16 years.. Please don't lose hope.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:02 PM

I'm sorry. My brother was an addict for years. He finally kicked his habit when he met a great girl. She helped him. I'll pray for your daughter.

LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:03 PM
I'm so sorry.
Mama8080
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:03 PM
Can you section her?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:04 PM
Thank you.

Quoting donnag013:

Aw, sweetie. I'm sorry. We have to let our kids make their own bad choices. And we can't really stop it. My prayers to you and our daughter.

CreamTop
by I Rise on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:04 PM
I'm so sorry! Do you think an intervention would help? Good time to do it if her boyfriend is in jail!
TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:05 PM

I cannot imagine what you are going through. It is a mother's worst fear. 

Prayers to you and your family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)