Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Wtf!!! There has got to me a easier way to pick through hair!! Can't they just fall out with washing!!! 😵😵😵😵

Yes I mean lice eggs!! Pisses me of
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Every time I read a post about lice I get grossed out.

But I know there are a lot of moms on here who have experienced this so here's a bump for you. Hopefully one of them will see this and give you some alternate things to try.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:02 PM
So gross
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:03 PM
I wish. We found some spray and conditioner that is for lice. It's worked better than all the medications we've tried. Still a massive pain though. My youngest has seriously thick hair so it's even harder.
bigmouthbabe
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Use the washes. Also try flat irons and burn the little buttholes.
bcoll
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:03 PM
I'm with you. So thankful we have never had to deal with them. Here's hoping the luck holds ;)

Quoting KaylinC03: Every time I read a post about lice I get grossed out.

But I know there are a lot of moms on here who have experienced this so here's a bump for you. Hopefully one of them will see this and give you some alternate things to try.
LacinyC
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:03 PM
Cover head in olive oil and put a shower cap or bag over it sealed as tight as you can. Sleep in it overnight. Pick through the hair in the morning. Makes it easier to pull them out. Pick through it every day for a week then check hair everyday and pick through it once a week
spmmmommie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:05 PM
If she is not allergic, coconut oil helps dissolve the adhesive from the nits. Smother her head in it and put on a shower cap. Then comb out in the morning.
LacinyC
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:05 PM
Combing and picking are so time consuming but it's the only way to get rid of them. Everything your kid sleeps on or wears...dry on high setting for at least 30 min.
LacinyC
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:06 PM
I went through this twice last summer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:18 PM
We have used a few drops of tea tree oil in the kids' shampoos since they started school. Also if they have product, like hair spray, leave in conditioner/mousse, gels, or waxes, the lice do not go for them.

Knock on wood, never any lice here and there have been some rampant spreading in their classrooms over the years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)