• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smells Like... Pee?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

On Thursday after school, DD9 teacher approached us and let us know that DD smelled like pee.

That's strange, as DD doesn't have accidents, nighttime or otherwise. DS7 and DD5, yes, they have nighttime accidents, but each of my kids has their own room, so there is no way that the smell had 'rubbed' off onto her clothes from sharing a room with a bed wetter.

DH and I both smelled her, front and back, just to be sure. Nothing. We did not know what to think.

I thought maybe she had been in a group of kids and one of the others smelled bad, and DD had just been mistaken for 'the one'. I just don't know.

I was talking to the mother of her little boyfriend today about this and she informed me that it could have been another kid, but that it might not have been pee at all. That smoking meth gives off that same scent and lingers.

I don't know about this, so what do you think? Could my child be in a class with a child whose parents smoke with him/her right there?

If so, what could/should I do?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:27 PM
No idea...
She was probably just mistaken for another kid.
I don't know anything about meth other than it's a drug and they bust labs in my area all the time.
teri4lance
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:44 PM

lmao omg that escalated quickly. 

your friend needs to stop watching so much dateline. 

bleumonster
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:46 PM
It does? Huh.

Regardless, I would contact the teacher and tell her you checked dd and she wasn't the culprit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:48 PM
Maybe you're so used to the smell of pee in your home (dirty bathrooms, wet beds, urine on clothes, pet accidents), that you don't really smell it anymore.....it happens. Sorry, but there's no other reason the teacher would mention such a sensitive subject :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)