Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD hates her bio dad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

This is just a vent because im feeling down about it right now. 

I have a 4 year old daughter, i know she has to love her father. Before we split he lost his job and she wasn't used to him being home all of the time. Once that happened, she stopped playingin the living room where he was allllll the damn time, she stopped eating...  and when we split she got happy again. 

That was last year. I am married, she LOVES and adores my husband..I mean, nonstop talking about him to people, shes always around him. she never talks about her father in a good way. we recently went to the ER due to her seizures and all she told the doctor was when her daddy out her in time out in a corner. she doesn;t even call him daddy, just his first name.

Her dads a douchebag. I threw him out because MY chuldren didnt need to see me getting mistreated. But this saddens me...   she should love her father :(

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
You just said it yourself how he's a douchebag. Hello.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:15 PM

I think he is.  His child should love him unconditionally. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: You just said it yourself how he's a douchebag. Hello.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
That is weird, are you sure he wasn't abusing her?
Msmom1104
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:16 PM
Maybe he didn't treat her well when he was around? My dd15 doesn't care for her bio dad. He's never been a loving and caring father to her. I feel bad because I wish she had a better father. But she loves my dh dearly and considers him her real dad. It's my ex's loss for being an ass. Kids have reasons for feeling/acting the way they do. Don't feel bad that she doesn't like the jerk. She has a father figure who she loves and that's what matters.
Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this

No, she shouldn't. The man who contributed to her life is NOT her Daddy. He's her sperm donor. The man you're married to now is her Daddy, and she LOVES that man.

Don't give the douchebag any more of your time or energy, he isn't deserving of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
See, I think it's the opposite. A parent should love their child unconditionally. A child needs to be taught all that.

My son is older. Doesn't like his dad, doesn't respect his dad, won't call him dad, doesn't trust him. Nothing. He explained- why should i? He doesn't act like a dad, he's not my dad, he doesn't play with me, doesn't hang out with me, hasn't taught me anything.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I think he is.  His child should love him unconditionally. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: You just said it yourself how he's a douchebag. Hello.

bigmouthbabe
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:20 PM
Sounds like you are the problem. You are feeding her with your own toxic opinions and vibes. Don't tell me you aren't either. You just referred to him as a douchebag. Shame on you. It will bite you in the butt, mark my words.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:20 PM

I threw him out because I went to the gym, come back and all the lights are off..and she's crying in a corner because he punished her for breaking ALLL the eggs in the friidge on the floor. It was HIS fault, bcause he was plaing WoW and not watching her. That was the last night we were together. He never hit her, he's tried... but I stepped in always. I don't believe in that type of punishment.

His dad beat the hel out of his mother growing up so I personally believe one day hes going to abuse someone in a bad way.

Quoting Anonymous 3: That is weird, are you sure he wasn't abusing her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:22 PM
kids do not need to love their parents unconditionally, they should, but only if that parent shows the same love for them. Sorry, it's like respect- you have to give it to get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:23 PM

I bet you're the type of person who believes a women who dresses slutty deserves to be raped.

Yes, I called him a douchebag. On a  site of with women. Because he is a douchebag. But my child has never heard me call him that

Quoting bigmouthbabe: Sounds like you are the problem. You are feeding her with your own toxic opinions and vibes. Don't tell me you aren't either. You just referred to him as a douchebag. Shame on you. It will bite you in the butt, mark my words.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)