Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like there is nobody I can relate too

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I don't relate to other moms with teens because my teen is considered sn
Even on here, when post are made,I ignore them because I can't related to any of them.

My dd is 16, my son is 13. I can relate with my son but my dd. My bff has 4 kids 3 teens one grown and I can't relate to her. We have different struggles. She has Normal teen struggles and I have sn struggles.

Nobody to talk to for advice because nobody can relate to my struggles.

Having a child with sn is a life of loneliness because until someone deal with it they can't know about it.

My bff has always judge me for having my dd on meds. She is anti-meds. I don't even really talk to her much about my struggles because of the judgment.

Anyone else feel the same way?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:46 PM
*to
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:49 PM
*hugs* I know how you feel. My dd is only 6 but she'll never progress beyond 4mo. No one really understands it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Please seek out a support group so you have others to talk to, it would be very helpful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 12:40 AM
First of all, there are thousands of moms out there with special needs...you aren't some anomaly. Secondly, someone doesn't have to be in your exact situation to provide a shoulder or advice. NOBODY'S two situations are the same.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:44 AM
Yes I understand! I have a hard time fitting in with other SN moms even cuz a lot just can't relate to our specific sn for our child. (((Hugs)))
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:50 AM
No, I don't. Simply because even someone in a similar situation are going to be different. I don't need to be in the same situation as another person to have empathy and compassion for that person. To ask questions or be someone who can listen. As far as advise, well, from my experience in life sometimes the best advise isn't advise at all but simply listening to someone, asking questions, that often leads the other to thinking outside their immediate scope and finding what is best for themselves.
AngelSinger
by Angel on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:55 AM
((Hugs)) I know how you feel. My dd19 is special-needs.

And ignore the supposed BFF. Her opinion on your child's medical history is neither warranted nor welcome, and if she cannot respect that, you need to re-examine her status as your BFF all together.

AngelSinger
by Angel on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:56 AM
This is very good advice. I hope the OP follows it.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Please seek out a support group so you have others to talk to, it would be very helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)