• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight loss

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I am in the process of being diagnosed with a heart condition called sick sinus syndrome. The doctor does not want me to work out right now. I get dizzy, I pass out.. 

I am 5'1 and 177 lbs.. BMI 33%   I gained 17lbs in 2 months.

Has anyone taken any supplements, drinks.. and not shakeology.. I cant afford that lol... but I need to lose weight. I want to try to drop weight and see if maybe I don't need a pacemaker!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 23, 2016 at 1:17 AM
Are you allowed to walk at a brisk pace? I lost weight with just walking & eating a lot less. If not, just eat less I guess. I wouldn't try any supplements without checking with your doctor. A lot of them could possibly make your condition worse. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 1:27 AM
I don't do supplements. Its to easy for me to head down the eating disorder path. Right now, I am working on eating more. I have yogurt for breakfast, salad with chicken for lunch, then do the small plate 1/4 carb(rice or sweet potatoes), 1/4 protein, and 1/2 vegetables. I also use the small plate. In addition I eat a handful of sunflower seeds 2x a day and carrots. I have severe lung disease, I do yoga and tai chi right now. I have lost 36 lbs since increasing my eating(since I wasn't eating enough before) and adding the yoga and tai chi. My lung function is very slowly improving.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:27 AM

Im going to my doctor tomorrow. Im going to ask.   Before this I was doing good, tracking my steps with fitbit and then I passed out and everything hit the fan

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Are you allowed to walk at a brisk pace? I lost weight with just walking & eating a lot less. If not, just eat less I guess. I wouldn't try any supplements without checking with your doctor. A lot of them could possibly make your condition worse. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:28 AM

Im happy to hear you're egetting better!!  

I try to diet so much, but I binge eat... im a boredom eater, a stress eater and then I suffer from PMDD so around that time all I want is chocolate and soda lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't do supplements. Its to easy for me to head down the eating disorder path. Right now, I am working on eating more. I have yogurt for breakfast, salad with chicken for lunch, then do the small plate 1/4 carb(rice or sweet potatoes), 1/4 protein, and 1/2 vegetables. I also use the small plate. In addition I eat a handful of sunflower seeds 2x a day and carrots. I have severe lung disease, I do yoga and tai chi right now. I have lost 36 lbs since increasing my eating(since I wasn't eating enough before) and adding the yoga and tai chi. My lung function is very slowly improving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:32 AM
Eat less. If you're going to bing eat and what not nothing is going to counteract calories. Supplements aren't magic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:44 AM
Thank you:) For me, I can't do the dieting. Again just to easy for me to walk down a path I don't want to walk again, but it's hard. Maybe try finding activities that can take the place of food when you are bored or stressed. It takes a lot of pressure off, imo, if you focus on improving eating habits and quality of food as opposed to focusing on dieting. During that time of the month Chocolate is my weakness as well. That and strangely red meat. So I indulge guilt free because I know it's 4 days out of the month as opposed to a daily thing. Take care of your heart Hun. It may take more time to lose weight BUT you will be doing so in a way that is far healthier for you.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Im happy to hear you're egetting better!!  

I try to diet so much, but I binge eat... im a boredom eater, a stress eater and then I suffer from PMDD so around that time all I want is chocolate and soda lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't do supplements. Its to easy for me to head down the eating disorder path. Right now, I am working on eating more. I have yogurt for breakfast, salad with chicken for lunch, then do the small plate 1/4 carb(rice or sweet potatoes), 1/4 protein, and 1/2 vegetables. I also use the small plate. In addition I eat a handful of sunflower seeds 2x a day and carrots. I have severe lung disease, I do yoga and tai chi right now. I have lost 36 lbs since increasing my eating(since I wasn't eating enough before) and adding the yoga and tai chi. My lung function is very slowly improving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:44 AM
My boss has sick sinus syndrome. It's very difficult for her to lose weight because she can't work out. We actually are paramedics and it nearly ended her career, luckily she's amazing at teaching so she took over the educational aspect at our job. She teaches the emt classes and some lectures for the paramedic class.

She does a lot of juicing, eats a lot of salads and raw veggies. Whenever the weather is nice, not too hot or too cold, she tries to walk as much as possible. Not power walk or anything. Just leisurely walking and she has been able to lose weight that way.
KiddieRN
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:45 AM
Sick sinus syndrome is not something that can be improved with weight loss. That being said, stay away from supplements as they might have stimulants that would be bad for your heart. Shakes aren't necessary. Portion control and nutrient dense foods are all you need.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:46 AM
I don't think she's under the impression it will improve with weight loss. She's gained weight in the last two months and it sounds like she just wants to lose the weight she's gained.

Quoting KiddieRN: Sick sinus syndrome is not something that can be improved with weight loss. That being said, stay away from supplements as they might have stimulants that would be bad for your heart. Shakes aren't necessary. Portion control and nutrient dense foods are all you need.
KiddieRN
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:50 AM
They way it was worded, it sounded like she expected weight loss to decrease her need for a pacemaker... Which it won't do.

She really needs to discuss this with her dr as this is a very tricky situation. He can write for a nutritional consult as well if needed.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I don't think she's under the impression it will improve with weight loss. She's gained weight in the last two months and it sounds like she just wants to lose the weight she's gained.

Quoting KiddieRN: Sick sinus syndrome is not something that can be improved with weight loss. That being said, stay away from supplements as they might have stimulants that would be bad for your heart. Shakes aren't necessary. Portion control and nutrient dense foods are all you need.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)