Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just because I'm plus size doesn't mean I should pay more for clothes.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Things I hate about shopping for plus size clothes:

1. NEVER anything in your size. (I'm a size 20 in the waist)

2. Websites using skinny models to advertise plus size clothes. Like, I dont want to see what that skirt looks like on a size 8, I want to see what it looks like on a size 18-20. 

3. Plus size clothes cost more. WHY??? Now before you go giving me the "more material costs more money to make" argument consider that there are childrens jeans that cost just as much as adult jeans and childrens jeans take way less material to make. 

4. Maxi skirts ARE NOT made for women with a belly line. 

5. Neither are maxi dresses for that matter. 

I'm on the hunt for a size 20, 38-39inch long, denim skirt that doesnt look my grandmother would wear it. Just something cute because I prefer a skirt over jeans with a fun Marvel tshirt and Converse's! Is that so much to ask???

Just because I'm a bigger size doesn't mean that my clothes should cost more or be impossible to find. 

Edit to add: I wear my weight well, you wouldnt think I was a size 20 by looking at me, but one child and then a set of twins and there you have it. I love my body, I love what my body can do and has done, and no I'm not interested in "getting my body back" because it's been through a lot and deserves to be loved rather than "fixed".

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2016 at 3:27 PM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

She said unhealthy, not unattractive. There is a difference, and extra weight is a problem for your health. If you are carrying around that much extra fat it is putting strain on something. She is not judging you or telling you how to live. I do not know about your life, and other factors could be at play, but that mush extra weight is not good for you. I am sure you have been told that by doctors. It is no surprise to anyone that being extremely overwight or underweight is not healthy.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

But how do you know? Assumption is way more unnattractive than a size 20 if you ask me, it means your personality is fat or your head, either or.

Quoting Lolabearlow: A size 20 isn't healthy at all.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Lol why does everyone assume that bigger size ladies don't exercise or eat healthy? How do you know I'm not a vegetarian or vegan or that I don't do yoga or run or go to the gym? Like, how do you know ANYTHING about my life?

Quoting Lolabearlow: I'm 4'9", wanna run your clothing issues by me? I guarantee mine are more difficult. You could always exercise or make life changes to change your shape, I can't just grow 6" at 36.

Lolabearlow
by boxer momma on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:48 PM
I assumed nothing. A size 20 is not healthy, that is a fact.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

lol holy assumptive!

You know nothing about me except that I'm a size 20 and in one reply you assumed that I dont eat healthy, dont exercise, and am overall an unhealthy person. All that. One reply. 

You have no idea. None. And yet, think you do. Now, who's really got the problem here?

Quoting Lolabearlow: Holy defensive!

No matter your height, build or "how you carry it" a size 20 is overweight, end of story.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

But how do you know? Assumption is way more unnattractive than a size 20 if you ask me, it means your personality is fat or your head, either or.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Lol why does everyone assume that bigger size ladies don't exercise or eat healthy? How do you know I'm not a vegetarian or vegan or that I don't do yoga or run or go to the gym? Like, how do you know ANYTHING about my life?

Quoting Lolabearlow: I'm 4'9", wanna run your clothing issues by me? I guarantee mine are more difficult. You could always exercise or make life changes to change your shape, I can't just grow 6" at 36.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Well, if you must know, my doctor says that I am perfectly healthy. I eat right, I exercise, I live a healthy lifestyle. So, you know, go me! Not only that, my obgyn is pretty happy with me as well, since you know, we're getting personal here. But you two go right ahead on assuming with your bad selves.

Quoting Anonymous 33:

She said unhealthy, not unattractive. There is a difference, and extra weight is a problem for your health. If you are carrying around that much extra fat it is putting strain on something. She is not judging you or telling you how to live. I do not know about your life, and other factors could be at play, but that mush extra weight is not good for you. I am sure you have been told that by doctors. It is no surprise to anyone that being extremely overwight or underweight is not healthy.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mommy2Bri425
by on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM

There's more to cover so yes, you should pay more. Wanna pay less, weigh less.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM

It's really not a fact. But since changing your mind is like ask a Trump supporter to vote for Hillary, I'll just leave you with yourself and your hate.

Quoting Lolabearlow: I assumed nothing. A size 20 is not healthy, that is a fact.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

lol holy assumptive!

You know nothing about me except that I'm a size 20 and in one reply you assumed that I dont eat healthy, dont exercise, and am overall an unhealthy person. All that. One reply. 

You have no idea. None. And yet, think you do. Now, who's really got the problem here?

Quoting Lolabearlow: Holy defensive! No matter your height, build or "how you carry it" a size 20 is overweight, end of story.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:53 PM
Lose weight and no an 8 isnt skinny. Lol only is you are 5'11".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:54 PM
But your clothes need more fabric. Why wouldn't that cost more?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:55 PM
2 moms liked this
All you Cafemom fatties are healthy and have celery and water at every meal after working out five hours a day. Or you have "medical issues" and take medications that make you candidates for My 600 lb Life.

You know you stuff your face full of chips and cheeseburgers like the rest of the giant tubs whining because you can't find clothes you like. You can find all kinds of food you like, though.

Go ahead, tell me all about how I'm "assuming" and that you're the exception to the rule. It's just going to amuse me even more.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Well, if you must know, my doctor says that I am perfectly healthy. I eat right, I exercise, I live a healthy lifestyle. So, you know, go me! Not only that, my obgyn is pretty happy with me as well, since you know, we're getting personal here. But you two go right ahead on assuming with your bad selves.

Quoting Anonymous 33:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:56 PM
I hate how they make and price clothes period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 6:57 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Extra large clothes NEED EXTRA fabric therefore you should pay more . Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)