Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think I have an eating disorder

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I am 5'3 and between 130-135lbs. I am trying to lose weight. I eat less than 1200 calories a day and exercise daily.

People tell me I am not fat, thar I don't need to lose weight but when I look in the mirror I see my belly and I don't like it. But I can't seem to lose it.

I have a fear of getting fat. When I hit puberty I was overweight. 5 ft 185 lbs. I was disgusted with myself and lost 50lbs over summer break by pretty much starVing myself. The one thing I never shared it is also threw up. I haven't done that since I was 15 yrs old. So almost 20 years and I won't now either.

Every female in my family is overweight. My mom has finally gotten under 200 but some of them are over 300 lbs. I fear getting that big. It scares me. Like some kind of phobia.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:41 AM
I doubt it. See a doctor or something...
Littlebunnyfufu
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:42 AM
It sounds like you are at risk, whether or not you do I can't say but I think talking to someone who specializes in this would be a good idea
thatgirlyouknow
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:42 AM
It sounds like it could very easily turn into one. I would seek help before it does.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:10 AM

it could be body dysmorphic disorder where even though you have lost all the weight from when you were 185 lbs, you still see that 185 lb body.  Starving and purging is similar to anorexia.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:14 AM
You don't sound like you have one to me. But I'm 5'8". I weigh 125 lbs. I always think I need to lose weight.
firespurity
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:46 AM
You sound at risk, but you haven't succumbed to the illnesses.

Mental illness I'd often all about degree of symptoms. Everyone has depressing moments, but are they affecting your life, or invasive. Everyone gets nervous, but not everyone has anxiety. We all have fears, but few have phobias. Being concerned about your weight is normal. Realizing you don't want to be obese is perfectly okay. Taking steps to prevent obesity is okay. If you find yourself having intrusive thoughts and mashing choices that sacrifice your health, it may be time to consider a eating disorder.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:53 AM
It sounds like you have a normal desire to be fit with a unhealthy idea of how to get there. How many calories do you eat a day? Be honest!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)