Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
My husband and I have been talking about moving to another state for the last five years. We have discussed what all we would need to do to move. This included getting rid of stuff.

Here is where I am aggravated. I personally threw out books of mine that our kids had legitimately messed up. Now he is thinking about us just staying in the state we currently live in.

Why is it so hard for him do make a damn decision? He also wants to do corrections which I have no problem with but damn. Pick a career path and stick with it. Grow a pair of balls, make a choice, and quit asking me for your opinion. I'm your wife not your momma.

Ok. Vent over. Do any of your significant others do this?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jpickens
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:43 AM
I like stability and you can't have that with someone who can't make a solid decision.

That would irritate me too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:51 AM
At least he cares about your opinion and doesn't want to make a huge mistake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:14 AM
Yeah. It is really annoying.

Quoting jpickens: I like stability and you can't have that with someone who can't make a solid decision.

That would irritate me too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:17 AM
I don't mind that he asked for my opinion. I'm annoyed at the fact that we have made plans to move when we get our taxes back and he has now changed his mind. This has happened two other times when we discussed moving. Both of those times, we put money down on a place and he changed his mind the same day he put the money down.

Quoting Anonymous 2: At least he cares about your opinion and doesn't want to make a huge mistake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this
You're mad because you threw away books in preparation of a possible move? I don't get it. You said they were legitimately messed up. Why keep them?
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:29 AM
Hahaha ha! I thought it was odd that OP made that little fact significant in a post with many other potentially significant statements or points she could've made. I thought, "Really?!", lmao!

OP needs to buy a Kindle. I can't believe she doesn't own one (or a device on which ebooks can be downloaded) -- really!!

Quoting Anonymous 3: You're mad because you threw away books in preparation of a possible move? I don't get it. You said they were legitimately messed up. Why keep them?
sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:38 AM
Yes, DH has had so many moments of self doubt lately, trouble making decisions - big and small.

I support him, listen to him and am kind and patient but it takes it's toll to where I am like grow up - why are you asking my opinion & advice on everything . Kinda nice when a guy just handles his business, period.

DH has always been stable and easy- going but past few years battling depression - unsteady and indecisive - it's frustrating.

So I know what you mean
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:50 AM
Sounds like you just needed something to bitch about
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:55 AM
I have the kindle app on my iPad. My issue is that most of the books I got rid of were only missing the cover. Not to mention some of the books are not on the kindle app.

Quoting amje: Hahaha ha! I thought it was odd that OP made that little fact significant in a post with many other potentially significant statements or points she could've made. I thought, "Really?!", lmao!

OP needs to buy a Kindle. I can't believe she doesn't own one (or a device on which ebooks can be downloaded) -- really!!

Quoting Anonymous 3: You're mad because you threw away books in preparation of a possible move? I don't get it. You said they were legitimately messed up. Why keep them?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:58 AM
This is exactly what I was talking about. He will do this when it comes to eating out. The worst part is that he has the kids excited to move to the new state. Now if we don't move, they will probably think that he was lying.

Quoting sarahfaith123: Yes, DH has had so many moments of self doubt lately, trouble making decisions - big and small.

I support him, listen to him and am kind and patient but it takes it's toll to where I am like grow up - why are you asking my opinion & advice on everything . Kinda nice when a guy just handles his business, period.

DH has always been stable and easy- going but past few years battling depression - unsteady and indecisive - it's frustrating.

So I know what you mean
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)