Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She shall be named Sapphire!!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:37 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm super excited! For the first time my DH and I have a new car! No not a "new to us" car but a brand new car. We were originally going to look for a 2014 with low miles but truthfully with al the rebates and deals going on right now it was about 2,000 cheaper! We got a 2016 Hyundai Accent SE Manual. She's a "glitter" blue! lol It is really just the most basic model but that's ok. She's nice and pretty and way better then anything we've ever had.      

For those that will say we made a mistake getting a new one because of how fast the value drops. We actually paid less then she's worth. 13,000 was the final price that was settled on and she KBB's for over 15,000. On top of that not everything is about resale value. Having a car that is new takes so much stress off our shoulders. We know she's not going to break down as long as we do the maintenance and treat her right. (Yes she is a she! lol I'm one of the weird people that name their cars! lol) However the resale value isn't actually that bad. A 2009 Accent with almost 80,000 miles on it just sold the week before (at a different lot) for 10k. However we're not going to sell it for a while. Stick shifts are becoming a thing of the past (I read somewhere that only 7% of the cars on the road are manuels.) and I honestly want my kids to learn on one. They're not difficult it just takes practice and frankly you have more control.

Anyway does anyone else have any good or exciting news of their own to share? I feel like we're always posting about what's wrong in our lives. I want to see some good stuff! 

If anyone wants I can try and upload pictures in the AM.

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:48 AM
Lol
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:50 AM
Sure, upload some pics! Congratulations!😁

You are NOT, however, allowed to name her "Sapphire"!😲😰 Get a thesaurus and branch out from there. Just, don't do it! No "Sapphire"!πŸ™…πŸ‘Ž

Everything is all good here. I'm happy, my family's happy, my friends are -mostly- happy. Can't ask for much more, you know? Glad you're happy, too!😊
2murphyboys
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:02 AM

That's what color she is tho! lol What's so bad about it? I didn't really like any of the alternatives the thesaurus gave. If you have a suggestion I'd love to hear it :)   My favorite suggestion so far has been "Princess Consuella Bananahamick" lol 

Quoting amje: Sure, upload some pics! Congratulations!😁 You are NOT, however, allowed to name her "Sapphire"!😲😰 Get a thesaurus and branch out from there. Just, don't do it! No "Sapphire"!πŸ™…πŸ‘Ž Everything is all good here. I'm happy, my family's happy, my friends are -mostly- happy. Can't ask for much more, you know? Glad you're happy, too!😊

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)