Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this make me a horrible person?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
DH and I separated a week ago. We are trying to work out our relationship and get back together, but I am also looking at dating websites. I don't know that I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I want to try and stay together and be a better family. There was no infidelity or anything really bad that happened. We just stopped clicking. Does it make me a bad person that I am browsing to see what else is out there while we are still trying to work things out? Should I be devoting more time to us and less time online looking at other men, even though I already have one foot out the door?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:51 AM
What do you think?
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:52 AM
Do you really need to ask?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:53 AM
Sounds like your marriage is over.
Meltabaka
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:55 AM
If you have to ask if something makes you a bad person, then your answer is "yes!" Get off the damn computer and actually try to communicate with you husband.
goldpandora
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:00 AM

You cannot "work things out" if you're looking elsewhere. Working on your marriage will take 100% of your time and effort. If you can't put 100% into it then you might as well give up now (and save both of you a lot of time and disappointment).

702girly
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:04 AM
1 mom liked this

One week into the separation and you're looking for someone to date?

Why even pretend you want to reconcile? That's just cruel. Since you obviously want to be with someone else, let him move on with his life.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:20 AM

I think you need to figure out why you guys stopped clicking.  If nothing serious happened btwn the 2 of you.  I don't think it makes you a bad person that you are looking around but I do think that you should tell your husband so he knows that you aren't 100% sure you want to work it out, and he knows upfront what is going on,  

Personally, my opinion is things may not be clicking right now- but that doesn't mean that the grass is greener on the other side...

StoicLife
by Katerina on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:21 AM
How long have you been together?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:26 AM
Yes it really does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:40 AM
We started dating in 2011 then married in 2013. We have been friends since 2000 though...

Quoting StoicLife: How long have you been together?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)