Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't think..........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

If you don't think your abusive relationship with your spouse affects your children, listen to this tape and tell me the environment you choose to keep them in won't haunt them for the rest of their lives.

http://newzmagazine.com/when-this-6-year-old-called-the-police-on-her-stepfather-she-had-no-idea-what-he-would-do-to-the-baby-im-crying/

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:37 AM
I'm not in an abusive relationship, so I'm just going to guess. I can't stand to hear children hurting in any way. Thanks anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:39 AM

No

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:17 AM
Listening to that broke my heart!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:11 PM

BUMP!

JadeHope
by Jade on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:15 PM
It absolutely does and it has been proven time and again that it does. Children raised in abusive relationships, even if they themselves aren't abused, are at high risk to become abused or become abusers, because that is what they know and how they were raised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:24 PM

That was terrible. I wish it had the outcome somewhere, but that page doesn't say much..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:27 PM

I agree. I looked for it, too.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

That was terrible. I wish it had the outcome somewhere, but that page doesn't say much..

Hopefully there is a mother out there in this situation who hears it and finally gets the strength to leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:35 PM
That is awful.

It makes me very mad at the worthless scum doing the abusing and the mother who stuck around for it. I realize there's a psychology behind it, but it shouldn't trump the safety of helpless children caught in the wake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:38 PM
Oh i know it effects the kids which is why I never would put my kid in that situation. I grew up with abuse
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:41 PM
That was awful!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)