Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not playing catch up via text

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
I have called a friend more than once in the last month. This last time was yesterday because she texted "we haven't talked in forever" and then she asked several questions. She never returns calls. Fine, but I am not about to type long text messages, when the conversation can be over in a few minutes.

Seriously, who has time to text THAT much? A lot has happened in the last month to me, not sure about her.

Do you know people that do this, text paragraphs?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jujubear1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:16 AM
Yep. I usually prefer texting if its something quick. But if it's going to be a long conversation, calling works best.
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:16 AM
Texting is easier than talking on the phone for a lot of people. There's nothing wrong with that.
my3girls201410
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:17 AM
I would rather text then talk on the phone
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:24 AM
Paragraphs though?
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:26 AM
I hate talking on the phone. But if someone texts and says I need to talk, a lot has happened, when can I call you? I make sure I'm able to take the call.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:28 AM

I'd rather text than call.  I've done long paragraphs before, too.  

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:32 AM
Yes, my sister's. They can no longer text me. I thought maybe now they will actually call. Nope, I now here from them less and a few others too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:33 AM
Because you have manners. This person talking about can't seem to return a phone call.

I just refuse to text what's up in my life. Between running a business and working 60 hours a week, my tween daughter and husband. A LOT is up.

Quoting LeftieX: I hate talking on the phone. But if someone texts and says I need to talk, a lot has happened, when can I call you? I make sure I'm able to take the call.
firespurity
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:35 AM
Maybe she legitimately can't take a call, but can send and read texts between small tasks? I text a lot, but I can rarely take calls. I can send a text between tasks. I can read when I then have another free moment. I rarely have 10 minutes straight for a phone call. I often might have 1 minute here, another minute later. I consider texting my attempt to stay in contact, even though I'm busy.
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:40 AM
If she's a good friend maybe something is going on in her life and feels like she can catch up with you later?

I have been guilty of not returning phone calls or not even answering the phone if I wasn't in a place to be a good listener at the moment.

I say give her another shot. Clearly state in your text "I'm freaking out and need to speak with you on the phone today at 330 or 530, which works for you?". Be very clear. No lol or emojis. If that doesn't work, something is going on with her and you should call the next person on your list.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Because you have manners. This person talking about can't seem to return a phone call.

I just refuse to text what's up in my life. Between running a business and working 60 hours a week, my tween daughter and husband. A LOT is up.

Quoting LeftieX: I hate talking on the phone. But if someone texts and says I need to talk, a lot has happened, when can I call you? I make sure I'm able to take the call.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)