Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He hitchhiked from Labrador!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My grandfather did this one year back in his twenties. He was in the military and wanted to be with my grandmother and their baby (my great aunt) for Christmas. He didn't have a car and the military wouldn't provide transportation. This was, of course, decades ago. He is seriously an amazing man and this is one story of many that just amaze me about his life. He hitchhike from Labrador to the Eastern US. Do you have anyone in your family that amazes you?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:59 AM
I have no idea where that is
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:07 AM
It's the northern most part of Canada on the Atlantic side. Very cold and it was very remote. I'm not sure if it's got a lot of development there now or not.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have no idea where that is
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:11 AM

My husband's grandfather lied about his age and joined the Royal Navy at only 15 to escape becoming a coal miner in Scotland like his own father had become.  He fought in WWI, and was wounded in service twice!  He had a hole in his shoulder til the day he died, hated the French for their cowardice in battle, and would tell stories of how they subsisted off mouldy cheese and rats in the trenches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:28 AM
So, he hitchhiked from Labrador city or? Because Labrador city isn't that far north in that province.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's the northern most part of Canada on the Atlantic side. Very cold and it was very remote. I'm not sure if it's got a lot of development there now or not.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have no idea where that is
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)