Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NOT before coffee...

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:23 AM
  • 78 Replies
As I was making my first cup of coffee this morning, my oldest came into the kitchen to feed his cat. Before I even got a delicious sip of sanity, he started in on me. Arg. Today's issue: I made Apple butter sandwiches for his lunch.

I have their flu, it seems. I tried to explain to him that I needed to use up the apple butter and not open a jar of his berry jelly until the apple butter is gone. He decided to start crying. My response was to point to my coffee cup and let him know I am not arguing before I have my first cup of coffee. He stormed off.

Now he is at school with Apple butter sandwiches. Tomorrow I will finish the jar and we will open his berry jelly.

Too early. How did your morning go?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virtuoso
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:26 AM

Mine wasn't good either. I was a bad mommy. He is having a "gross" hot school lunch so that means a cold lunch from home. But when we finally got up to the bus stop I remembered that I have forgotten it. It was too late. So I told him he had to eat the sun butter sandwich the school gives and he was pissed lol. Rightfully so.

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Poor kid.  I would have opened the other jar of jelly and made a couple pieces of toast with apple butter to go with my coffee instead.

TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest knows not to start in before my coffee lol

Aside from a loooong meeting, it's going good. On my break now enjoying cup #2
Kenre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:31 AM
Lol. I think he tried to get out of taking it. I shoved it into his hands when I pulled him from my van at the school. He gave me an interesting glare. I hope he remembers that they won't feed him hot lunch anymore. I better not get a call to bring him food.

Quoting virtuoso:

Mine wasn't good either. I was a bad mommy. He is having a "gross" hot school lunch so that means a cold lunch from home. But when we finally got up to the bus stop I remembered that I have forgotten it. It was too late. So I told him he had to eat the sun butter sandwich the school gives and he was pissed lol. Rightfully so.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Yes poor kid. He has to have less than his favorite one day.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Poor kid.  I would have opened the other jar of jelly and made a couple pieces of toast with apple butter to go with my coffee instead.

kcangel63
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:34 AM
Good so far. I need to get my coffee.

I have to run 2 miles today. That's my dark cloud for the day.

The kids are being amazingly good today.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:34 AM

To me, it's not a big deal.  It's just a jar of jam.  That shit will last for a year in the fridge and still be good.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes poor kid. He has to have less than his favorite one day.
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

kcangel63
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:35 AM
I want apple butter and toast. Oh my gosh. It's been years.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes poor kid. He has to have less than his favorite one day.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

virtuoso
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Why not? the hot lunch?

Quoting Kenre: Lol. I think he tried to get out of taking it. I shoved it into his hands when I pulled him from my van at the school. He gave me an interesting glare. I hope he remembers that they won't feed him hot lunch anymore. I better not get a call to bring him food.
Quoting virtuoso:

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:36 AM
I don't have a toaster. That would have taken effort. Plus, I am admitting to being lazy. I didn't want to go down to the cellar to get the jelly jar. I know I have two more jars left of the apple butter. I am hoping I have jars left of his jelly. Berries aren't ripe again until July. He doesn't have much more of the school year left. I think he'll survive. Lol.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)