Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh please help. I can't get rid of this cough!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I have had a cough for damn near a month. It's like a phelmy cough and it's productive I just can't get rid of it. It's allergies I'm assuming but allergy meds don't touch it, cold meds and mucinex hasn't helped either. I've tried tea with lemon and honey too. Do one of you ladies know of a killer cough syrup or a home remedy that might work? I'm fine otherwise and I really don't want to go to the doctor for an annoying cough. Thanks in advance!!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:39 AM

You need to go in to the doctor.  

CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:42 AM
Oregano oil pills. I had the same in Dec, always needed antibiotics to kick it. I read online while waiting for my appointment about Oregano Oil pills... I ended up canceling my appointment. I keep them stocked now for the second germs invade our house again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:45 AM
Some say to use worm water and some salt and then gurgle it for 30min or so. Don't swallow it though.
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:47 AM
I suggest a visit. You don't know what's causing it, nothing is helping, it's been over a month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:48 AM

I'd have no problem gonig to the Dr over having a phelmy cough for a month. I'd rather waste money on a copay and the 2 mionutes of the drs time than suffer if he can fix it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:48 AM
I coughed for 9 weeks and almost broke a rib. The only thing that helped was codeine and an inhaler.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)