Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PPD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I've always been an anxious person but since I've had my DD, 6 months ago, I feel like my anxiety has sky rocketed. All my worries focus on my DD tho. I get really anxious when people get close to her (besides my husband/her father). And I absolutely dread family gatherings because I don't want anyone to ask me to hold her. it also absolutely infuriates me when people just come up and touch her (I have a father in law who insists on poking her over and over again). I haven't been away from her since she was born because i don't want to leave her alone with anyone else.

Is this normal/new mother worries, or does it sound like a form of ppd or something else??
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:05 AM
Yes, it does. Mine manifested with anxiety and anger. You should see your doctor to discuss a plan for treatment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:05 AM
Doesnt sound like ppd. Just sounds like you are very protective of your baby. Most mothers are especially new moms. Having a new baby is alot of work and can get stressful so its normal you feel like you stress is worse. It will get better with time. Dont worry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:05 AM

To a limited extent normal, but I think you are taking it a bit overboard & should go speak to someone about it.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:06 AM

That's not PPD, that's something else.

bethanymommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:06 AM
If you feel like it is extreme, which you do since you are on here asking, it never hurts to make an appt and talk with your doctor about it.
It does sound a little extreme to me.
I had ppd after my second daughter and that time is fuzzy for me but I remember being irrationally angry at her, my infant daughter, for keeping me awake.
Everyone feels different things though and it can manifest in different ways.
So like I said, it never hurts to speak with your doc.
TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:10 AM

The typical threshold for concern is if it is interfering with your daily life. From your description, it sounds like it is. PPD can manifest itself with anxiety - be safe, and schedule an appointment with your physician to discuss your concerns. 

Best of luck to you. 

hip2it
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM
Could be post partum anxiety
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:13 AM
It I a typical first time mom thing. I didn't have it, but it is normal. My stepson's ex-fiancée is like that. She only wanted to do things with her family and we rarely got to see our grandson. If you're actions are hurting family members you need to get help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)