Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a vent about my professor...He wont let me turn my homework in early

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

We have homework due every week on Fridays. I usually do it the weekend before because it takes a long time and I dont usually have enough time during the week. Well I just found out that one of my other professors is cancelling classes (I have two classes by her which take up 3 hours from my first class to my last class

I figured hey I would just go to my professor and ask about turning my homework in early. That way I could go home during the first class and then I could just watch the recorded lecture for this class. Apparently he has a policy of not accepting homework early. When I asked him if I could turn it in early he said no and refer to the syllabus

At first I thought I had made a fool out of myself and somehow missed in the syllabus where he said about turning things in. I read through the whole thing and the ONLY policy about homework is that no late homework will be accepted.

So now I either need to find someone who will turn it in for me or wait the 3 hours for no reason. I have never had a professor who wouldnt accept homework or assignments early. This is just a big pain in my ass.
/vent

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:47 AM
Welcome to college, you play by their rules
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:48 AM
I know but that doesnt mean it isnt annoying sometimes lol

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Welcome to college, you play by their rules
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:54 AM

BUMP!

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:55 AM
Nail it to his office door with a note that says "do not read until 3pm".
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:04 PM
I had a couple of asshole professors in college, too. I just knew not to sign up for anymore of their classes. You're much less confrontational than I would've been. I'd go to his office during office hours and ask sweetly if I was given the wrong syllabus or if he could help me find the rule.

I suppose you could use the three hours as study time or other HW time, but I understand it's usually easier to do it comfy at home. This semester will be over soon. Just don't sign up for any of his courses again!

And hey, good job of keeping on top of things! That's how I always liked to do it, but I had a couple of procrastinating friends who were always under high stress and pressure due to waiting until the last hours to get HW done. I had to stop helping them after a few weeks. I told them to stay organized and get the work done ahead of time or freak out on their own, b/c I had enough on my plate w/o wigging out with each of them every week, a couple of times a week. I was nice enough to invite them to join me in doing work ahead of time, but nope! They had to party on weekends. *eyeroll* they were both around my age (twenties), one w/two kids, one with none, and I started out with two little boys and ended with two boys and a baby girl (spring break my freshman year! DH & I had lots of fun, lol!) I started my 2nd semester of my sophomore year with a 3 week old breastfed baby. I still kept my 4.0. You're making good, responsible choices & I'm sure your grades are great, too. Sorry you have a jerk for a prof, but you go ahead and keep up the good habits & work! Good job!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:39 PM
College professors can be dicks. They think they hold your whole future in their hands.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)