Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crafty moms!!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:46 AM
  • 21 Replies

DD2 has decided she wants a cake themed birthday party this year. I'm thinking of making her an outfit with "sprinkles" on her top and a long colorful tutu to resemble a cupcake. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank on ideas. When I look up "cake themed birthday party" on pinterest, all I can find are cakes for various themed parties. Maybe I just need to be more specific?

What are some cute things I can do or make for her party? I'm not particularly crafty, but I want to try and change that this year.

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:49 AM
Bump for crafty people!
goodygumdrops
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Go back to pinterest and put in "cupcake themed birthday".  I just did that and there were some cute decorating ideas.  Not a lot, but it'll help get the idea going.  

Episkey
by Dra til helvete on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM

cupcake party might be a bit easier to find ideas for lol. thanks :)

Quoting goodygumdrops:

Go back to pinterest and put in "cupcake themed birthday".  I just did that and there were some cute decorating ideas.  Not a lot, but it'll help get the idea going.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Cupcake liner garland, a cake bar with different cakes, you could make a little "bakery" with a sign and fake awning (look on Pinterest), lots of pastel colors, people could decorate their own cupcakes...keep adjusting your Pinterest searches and you can find lots of ideas.

Episkey
by Dra til helvete on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:02 PM

ooh, I like the bakery idea, I could make a bunch of mini cakes.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Cupcake liner garland, a cake bar with different cakes, you could make a little "bakery" with a sign and fake awning (look on Pinterest), lots of pastel colors, people could decorate their own cupcakes...keep adjusting your Pinterest searches and you can find lots of ideas.

Pooh_ki
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Youtube is your friend and they give better instructions then pintrest at least in my experience.

critter_boo
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:05 PM
How old?
Episkey
by Dra til helvete on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:08 PM

turning 4

Quoting critter_boo: How old?

critter_boo
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I made this with an old lamp shade. Felt panty hose stuffing and elastic might be cute. You could do a game pin the candles on the cake. Decorate your own cypcakes
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Last year I made cupcakes and let the kids do their own frosting and toppings. I got a bunch of candy, cookies, nuts, sprinkles and put them in the cupcake tin's.

You could also make the invites in the shape of a cake. I've seen streamers with cakes/cupcakes on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)