Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did she really just try to scold me??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
It was 57°f and sunny with no wind this morning. My dd dressed herself in a knee length skirt, a short sleeved shirt and a pull over sweater. It was a nice morning and she felt like she was dressed appropriately.
When the bus driver pulls up she asked her where her jacket was and throwing me under the bus for no reason said mom didn't hand me one. Which wasn't true, she said she didn't need one. Then told her to run inside to get one. She really didn't need one so I told her she was fine to get on the bus. The bus driver said she didn't feel comfortable with her not having her jacket and didn't want to take to school like that. I basically said tough stuff. She basically tried to say she had more mothering experience than I do.

I called the school to complain and they agreed that the bus driver has no say in clothing
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:14 PM
Okay
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a new one.  Your bus driver would have a fit since if it is 40 deg in the morning my 4th grader doesn't go to school with a jacket just a hoodie. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Perhaps she meant well? I would have just smiled and said something like "I'm sure she'll be fine. If she isn't, the school will let me know. Thanks, though."

Better that driver than one who couldn't give a fig about anything. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:17 PM
She's an old woman. It's past time for her to retire and move to florida

Quoting fullxbusymom:

That is a new one.  Your bus driver would have a fit since if it is 40 deg in the morning my 4th grader doesn't go to school with a jacket just a hoodie. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:18 PM
Yes and no. I would rather she didn't try to override me in front of my child

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Perhaps she meant well? I would have just smiled and said something like "I'm sure she'll be fine. If she isn't, the school will let me know. Thanks, though."

Better that driver than one who couldn't give a fig about anything. 

corticosteroid
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Oh for fuck's sake...

PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:22 PM

The bus driver was out of line IMO, and hopefully she'll learn to refrain in the future.

I don't think she was scolding but more just getting a bit carried away with her own opinions.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:24 PM

Seriously? Wow. Where I live 57 this time of year is pretty nice. 60's is like short weather.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:26 PM
We are in northern new England. If it's 40s dh will break out his cargo shorts

Quoting Seagodess:

Seriously? Wow. Where I live 57 this time of year is pretty nice. 60's is like short weather.

momngram
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:27 PM

She must have been very late to the rest of her pickup this morning.  Did the kids get to school on time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)