Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My lab partner is an idiot and demanded our TA break policy for her.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I am in a cellular biology lab. At the beginning of the semester I got assigned a lab partner. It has been an awful experience because she is a spoiled brat and she acts like it

Anything I want to get done properly I need to do myself. Luckily none of it is too hard (you dont really need two people to do it) 

The TA knows that I do all the work which is why she assigns me more credit than my partner (participation points are part of the grade) 

Well there is a very very strict no late work policy. They will not take any late work at all for ANY reason. IF there is a valid excuse to not do your homework they get rid of that homework score and the homework is based on the ones you have completed. 

My lab partner had an emergency last week and couldnt turn in the homework. She brought in proof of the emergency and demanded that the TA take her homework. The TA said no. She said that policy would be followed (that this one just wont count for anything). She said that that wouldnt work for her because seh worked hard on this assignment and got all the questions finished unlike the other ones so she wanted a higher grade. The TA said no

She came crying to me. All I had to say to her was that she needed to read the syllabus more often. We have to get the syllabus signed with a witness because they serve as contracts with the professor and school. SHe signed it saying she read and understood everything. She is in the wrong

We have 4 more lab classes left. I cant wait until I can be done with her. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ms.Marple
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:37 PM
That sounds frustrating.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Guaranteed she is young and this is her first time without mom & dad being able to fight her battles.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM

You are right that she is young. I have the same feeling. 

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Guaranteed she is young and this is her first time without mom & dad being able to fight her battles.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM
I've always hated group or partner assignments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:42 PM

I hate them too. If it wasnt a required class I would have avoided having a set lab partner. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've always hated group or partner assignments.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:43 PM
Majority of college students are young...

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:44 PM
Arg. I feel your pain. Almost done, though, right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
texanmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:20 PM

Lab partners can really suck. I was a TA for one of my professors, and always got complaints about how some ppl let their partner do everything. Sorry you are dealing with such a brat! 

astheworldspins
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:58 PM
I don't play well with others. I prefer doing things myself for this very reason.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)