Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i went to a mental hospital for 2 months.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

because my mom found a notebook full of my stories when i was 17....the dr that said i needed to be admitted was one of my moms friends. now i fully admit that my stories were and still are dark and gross, but ive always liked dark and gross things.....always.....my mom hadnt been around since i was 5 years old and the first thing she does when she finally gets me back is put in a fucking mental hospital after finding one of my notebooks......the notebook she found had my vampire story in it (before twilight....which i hate that book and movie) she flipped shit, threw stuff at me and then took me to a therapist the next day......the therapist required me to bring all my stories and notebooks with my drawings and a week later i was admitted.....my mom never told my dad anything and i wasnt allowed to use the phone at the hospital to tell my dad what was going on. i guess 2 weeks into the whole thing my dad started asking my mom where i was and why i wasnt answering his texts, she said i lost my phone(lie, she had it with her). my dad finally got a call from my high school saying i hadnt gone in 2 months which is how he found out i was in that stupid hospital. 

that place screwed me up....women screaming all hours of the night and day, people smashing their heads into walls until they bleed.....im fine day to day but my stories are even more "screwed up" than they were before. thanks mom..... 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:34 PM

I'm so sorry you went through that.  I hope you have no communication with that person anymore?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:37 PM

i have no communication with either parent anymore. after my dad took me home i ended up dating a guy i had been talking to before moving with my mom and my dad punched me in the face because the guy was a wetback...i married him so...lol

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'm so sorry you went through that.  I hope you have no communication with that person anymore?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:42 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:47 PM
I was in a mental health facility as a teen too although I requested to be admitted. Did they diagnose you with anything or prescribe any treatments?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, right.....that really happened. Uh huh....

Lousy trolls! Try doing some research before you troll. "Mental hospitals" aren't like that anymore. Maybe 50 years ago but not now.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:49 PM
I cant believe a doctor couldn't realize that your writing and drawings were no less dark than Clive Barker's, for example! I started reading Stephen King at 8 or 9 years old. Suffice to say, I just went into deeper and darker authors. It's normal for teens. (Not that I ever grew out of it!😈) I'm outraged on your behalf, both at the committing doctor and especially at your mom!

Well, I don't believe in "Too dark", so although it was a nightmare, your writing benefitted. Since it's done & cant be taken back, let's figure out the benefits, the not too bads, or the great stories you saw happen there. All we can take with is is the better parts of life, or we become the darkest of characters. I prefer to control the darkest, not be the darkest.😈
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:50 PM

That's horrible. It sounds like your parents were the lunatics. I'm sorry that you went through that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:50 PM

they said i was depressed and schizophrenic, tried shoving pills down my throat every day...... 

Quoting Anonymous 3: I was in a mental health facility as a teen too although I requested to be admitted. Did they diagnose you with anything or prescribe any treatments?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:51 PM

like what? i never described what it looked like....crazy people still smash their heads into things and scream though....that doesnt change

Quoting Anonymous 4: Yeah, right.....that really happened. Uh huh.... Lousy trolls! Try doing some research before you troll. "Mental hospitals" aren't like that anymore. Maybe 50 years ago but not now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:53 PM

me too, if my mom found one of the stories i'm writing now she would have flipped harder than she did back then. my dh loves my stories though

Quoting amje: I cant believe a doctor couldn't realize that your writing and drawings were no less dark than Clive Barker's, for example! I started reading Stephen King at 8 or 9 years old. Suffice to say, I just went into deeper and darker authors. It's normal for teens. (Not that I ever grew out of it!😈) I'm outraged on your behalf, both at the committing doctor and especially at your mom! Well, I don't believe in "Too dark", so although it was a nightmare, your writing benefitted. Since it's done & cant be taken back, let's figure out the benefits, the not too bads, or the great stories you saw happen there. All we can take with is is the better parts of life, or we become the darkest of characters. I prefer to control the darkest, not be the darkest.😈

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)