Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes I Wonder About Dh...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I came downstairs this morning to the smell of burnt chocolate. I asked him what he was making and he said he was making hot cocoa that we got from the Dominican Republic (we went for vacation in December and it's thicker than the stuff we get here) He was bent over the sink, pouring the cocoa from a sauce pan onto a paper towel over a coffee cup. I ask him if he tried the stove top espresso maker and he said yea it clogged it, so I asked if he tried the keurig with the filter attachment, he said yea it clogged that too, so I asked him if he tried using one of the 5 tea balls we have. He just stared at me then at the cup and quietly said dammit! Lol Then I asked why he didn't just give up as I'm watching him struggle with the paper towel, he looks at me very seriously and says "I am no quitter, I WILL get this" ooooh dh, I love you lol. Any funny stories about a time when your SO just made you scratch your head and laugh?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorbinsMumma
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I understand. Is that hot chocolate made different than us?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:43 PM
Yep, it's made by hand with real cocoa beans so it gets thicker than the processed stuff here. It's REALLY good!

Quoting CorbinsMumma: I don't think I understand. Is that hot chocolate made different than us?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:44 PM
A very long time ago, my husband decided he was going to make hot chocolate in a Pyrex measuring cup. On the stove. It exploded and we had hot chocolate and broken Pyrex everywhere.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:46 PM

Once, my husband installed a doorknob inside out and upside down.

I don't let him set up the sex equipment anymore since he did that.  Shuffling off my mortal coil impaled on a wonky Stygian ain't on my Bucket List.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I like his response! Good attitude!
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:00 PM
Dear Gods, it's been 19 years. I have too many stories, lol! But he's been excellent the past 6 or 7 years. My anal retentive perfectionism rubbed off on him. So nothing too recent, anyway.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:00 PM
I total!y agree!😁

Quoting Anonymous 3: Lol I like his response! Good attitude!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:19 PM

set up the sex equipment?

Quoting corticosteroid:

Once, my husband installed a doorknob inside out and upside down.

I don't let him set up the sex equipment anymore since he did that.  Shuffling off my mortal coil impaled on a wonky Stygian ain't on my Bucket List.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:25 PM

On Thanksgiving a friends husband took the turkey out of the oven and set the glass dish down on a burner that he had forgotten to turn off. The glass dish exploded everywhere all over the kitchen. We were finding little pieces of glass in our plants and places all over the kitchen for weeks after that happened. We were really lucky no one was seriously hurt from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:37 PM
Hopefully he never does that again lol

Quoting Anonymous 5:

On Thanksgiving a friends husband took the turkey out of the oven and set the glass dish down on a burner that he had forgotten to turn off. The glass dish exploded everywhere all over the kitchen. We were finding little pieces of glass in our plants and places all over the kitchen for weeks after that happened. We were really lucky no one was seriously hurt from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)