Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was that car mom...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
A few minutes ago the school called. My DS1 has a high temperature and I need to come get him. DH has my car at his shop 15 minutes away fixing the brakes. So, I put the 4 and 3 year olds into his car. He doesn't have seats for them. I drove the dirt road slowly to the school 5 minutes away. I swear I thought every car was a cop in disguise! DH is now on his way home. He could only fix one brake today and needs to go to work soon. Oldest has taken over the TV. I am just so happy not to have been pulled over, even though I know rationally that the cops don't patrol the dirt roads here.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you have seats in both cars? That's weird.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:38 PM

Why didn't you keep the car seats at home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:39 PM

Cops would be the least of my worries.  When I was 16 my best friend was driving one of those "country roads" hit a car at an intersection- not even speeding. Other driver was killed.  I would not risk traveling with my child not in car seats.  I would have come up with a new plan.  

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:40 PM

Been there, done that.

Foxilady
by Nymph on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Do whatcha gotta do... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:43 PM
Ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:51 PM
What plan?

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Cops would be the least of my worries.  When I was 16 my best friend was driving one of those "country roads" hit a car at an intersection- not even speeding. Other driver was killed.  I would not risk traveling with my child not in car seats.  I would have come up with a new plan.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 1:56 PM

A new plan for getting my kid picked up. 

Quoting Anonymous 4:

bellawomen
by Summer on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, but you were STUPID.  There are emergency contacts for a reason.  If they were not available, then your husband should have went to get the child.  It would have been ok for your child to sit for an extra 30 minutes.

Going forward, I cannot imagine why you would never have seats in both vehicles.  That is just responsible parenting.

You risked your childrens' lives no matter how slow you were driving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)