Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eciggers/Vapers...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Is it your goal to eventually stop smoking anything altogether?  If so, how long do you think it will take you to acheive this?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Nobody answered because they will not be quitting ecigs or vaping until it is no longer the trend.

So I would say probably another 10 yrs from now when it's found conclusively to be very dangerous for everyone's health because of all the different chemicals used and it becomes the trend to quit ecigs or quit vaping.

Ray-of-Beezy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:51 PM
I used it for 3 months and stopped all together, but was down to 0 nicotine after 2 weeks.
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think that's necessarily true.

I quit smoking for almost three months using ecigs (recently fell back off the wagon thanks to a night of wine, but I'm climbing back on Monday).  I found my desire to smoke ecigs and my frequency of smoking them was MUCH less than my desire and frequency with real cigarettes.  

I think the reason is they aren't remotely as fulfilling (gross, yes, but it's true) as real smokes to smokers.  I basically just used them as a placeholder for when my DF would go outside and smoke, rather than stepping outside to smoke them every hour alone or not like I do with traditional cigs.  

In addition, where I might take 20 puffs off of a normal cigarette, I'd take a drag or two off of the ecig, just to do something with my hands and mouth (keeping the "habit" of going outside and talking with DF while not actually smoking helped me mentally break free).

I know if I'd stayed strong, I'd eventually just lose interest entirely.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Nobody answered because they will not be quitting ecigs or vaping until it is no longer the trend.

So I would say probably another 10 yrs from now when it's found conclusively to be very dangerous for everyone's health because of all the different chemicals used and it becomes the trend to quit ecigs or quit vaping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:04 PM

I'm curious about this line of thinking.  What is it about ecigs/vaping that makes people think it will help them stop smoking? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:05 PM
Is it your goal to quit or is it more if a "if it happens" sort of thing? I mean are you actively trying to quit?

Quoting CampHarris:

I quit smoking for almost three months using ecigs (recently fell back off the wagon thanks to a night of wine, but I'm climbing back on Monday).  I found my desire to smoke ecigs and my frequency of smoking them was MUCH less than my desire and frequency with real cigarettes.  

I think the reason is they aren't remotely as fulfilling (gross, yes, but it's true) as real smokes to smokers.  I basically just used them as a placeholder for when my DF would go outside and smoke, rather than stepping outside to smoke them every hour alone or not like I do with traditional cigs.  

In addition, where I might take 20 puffs off of a normal cigarette, I'd take a drag or two off of the ecig, just to do something with my hands and mouth (keeping the "habit" of going outside and talking with DF while not actually smoking helped me mentally break free).

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:08 PM

I do think it's true.

And I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey a yr ago. Have not fallen off the wagon, have no desire to smoke ecigs or vape.

Quoting CampHarris:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:10 PM

It depends on the oil that is vaped and whether or not it contains nicotine.

A couple of my kid's vape and for one, it's a relaxation thing for her that she picked up recently. I'm not overly thrilled but who I am to say anything, really? I'm a cigarette smoker who's slowly.........sllllooowwwllyyyy...quitting with one less cigarette a day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:10 PM
Some people claim it helps to stop smoking traditional cigarettes by allowing them to control the amount of nicotine, lessening it to the point they don't crave it as strongly. Some people also believe it's safer and not as unhealthy as a traditional cigarette.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I'm curious about this line of thinking.  What is it about ecigs/vaping that makes people think it will help them stop smoking? 

CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:11 PM

My goal is definitely to quit cigs.

After solely using the ecigs a few times a day, I felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted out of my lungs.  I looked better, I felt better, and I didn't inhale nearly the amount of toxic crap into my body (even if ecigs are toxic) as I would have with traditional cigs.

At this moment, my goal is to get back to that place.  I'm not particularly concerned about quitting ecigs because I know from how far I got the last time that it's FAR less addicting than actual smokes.  Even using them and lozenges, I still had a solid three weeks of wanting to stab everyone in sight while I got off regular cigs (DF is really looking forward to going through THAT again, lol).

If taking a few puffs from an ecig in the evening with DF is the worst I'm doing, I'll be pretty proud of myself.

Quitting actual smokes is no fucking joke, so whatever makes it happen again I'm good with. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Is it your goal to quit or is it more if a "if it happens" sort of thing? I mean are you actively trying to quit?
Quoting CampHarris:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:12 PM
I vape. I didn't start vaping to stop smoking as I had already quit smoking 5 years ago. I started because I smoked hookah. Vape tastes better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)