Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband gets bored in relationships!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
He said he has always gotten bored in relationships and wanted to move on fast. He said he hopes it doesn't happen to us. How do I prevent him from getting bored? We've been married 6 months, together 2 years and a 3 month old son.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morgiefae
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:34 PM

Is this a new confession to you, or is it something you knew when you were married?

KushQueen
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't.  There is nothing you can do to control his desires and choices.  Only he can make his choices, only he can control himself, only he can make himself remain in a relationship. All you can do is give 100% (just like anyone else) to your marriage/relationship. As long as you are doing that, then you are doing all that can be done to keep your relationship going.  The only way it works out though is if he is also giving 100% (just like anyone else) to this marriage as well.

Cocos_Mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:34 PM
Wait longer before you marry someone maybe.

Nothing you can do but put effort into it, but if a man is in a mature place and wants a real relationship, he sticks around. If he's still into flirting, going out a lot, and being generally less mature there may not be anything you can do about him leaving
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:35 PM
You don't. How about an open relationship? Threesomes?
He was being honest with you. Either accept it, or tell him it's a no go and move on separately.
Or stay, and let us know when he starts cheating. Ramble about how you thought it'd never happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:37 PM
Yes!

Quoting morgiefae:

Is this a new confession to you, or is it something you knew when you were married?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:39 PM
3 moms liked this

I think he's using the word boring to say he decides to flake out on his commitments and responsibilities.

You have a child now.  Handle that load of BS quick like.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:42 PM

You can't prevent him from getting bored, but you sure as hell can remind him that he's better off staying married to you than divorcing you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Why did you have a child with a man who admits that settling down isn't really something he's interested in? I hope you don't mind sharing custody of your son down the road... 

morgiefae
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes to which one?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes!
Quoting morgiefae:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 2:47 PM
Lol. Let me translate his bull shit for you:

There are too many opportunities for fresh pussy available and I'm too good to deprive myself of it just to be stuck with one woman forever. I married you because it makes me look nice and stable, but I'll be out for new conquests in no time and if you ever bust me, I'll use this conversation to say that I warned you. Then I'll leave you for the next whore who keeps my attention for six months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)