Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I work in an adult store. Ask me anything!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I've worked in an adult store for 3+ years on and off. 

I am a mom, a doula, and a wife. 

I work in the largest adult store in the southeast region. 

We don't have glory holes, or booths or any films any more. We got rid of them over 8 years ago. 

We have a zero disrespect policy for all people who come into the store. We are 100% judgement free. We are also really incredible people as they are younger, to a few mid to late 50 staff. We have gay employees, to a polyamarous couple, to average Joe's and Jenny's who work there. We have 18 people who work there. 

I've heard it all, and pretty much have seen it all.

What would you like to know? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:06 PM
Do you watch for shoplifters? I've shoplifted adult toys when I was younger because I wasn't comfortable asking my parents. Also, what's the most popular or fun or feel good toy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:11 PM

We do watch for shop lifters. We always have three plus people on our upper level for that reason which is where our toys are kept and three plus two cashiers are located on the lower level. We have an extremely strict rule for 18 + only allowed in and scan all ID and DL. We had a woman try to bring her kid in a stroller in the other day and got mad. 

As employees, we have to register with the FBI adult worker database even though we're not adult stars but we do work in the adult business. 

Depends on what you're looking for for fun or pleasurable. Or with a friend or significant other or yourself.

On a single night I may sell two hiatachi magic wands and a few screaming o cock rings with vibration. I work between 8 - 10 hrs a shift, four days a week at nighttime.

California Exotics are really popular with the college age field because they have a warranty, and cheap. 

For myself, I prefer WeVibe and Lelo.  USB rechargeable is the way to go because it's totally worth the extra bit of money because the companies use softer and nicer silicone. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Do you watch for shoplifters? I've shoplifted adult toys when I was younger because I wasn't comfortable asking my parents. Also, what's the most popular or fun or feel good toy?

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:12 PM

nothing really

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:15 PM
Does your store sell incense?

Does your store ever host classes or meetings? Like a munch or Bondage 101?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:16 PM

We do a ton of classes, and i think that's kinda the unwritten rule of having an adult store is the incense part. Cracks me up. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: Does your store sell incense? Does your store ever host classes or meetings? Like a munch or Bondage 101?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:16 PM
No one cares goo
-BluEydDvl-
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:18 PM
I worked in one about 10 years ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM

I think some adult stores have changed a ton. We still have a few seedy ones in the area but most people say they've been to it and they didn't feel comfortable so they come to ours. 

Which i totally get because when i walk into them i feel gross walking into it myself

Quoting -BluEydDvl-: I worked in one about 10 years ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM
My favorite store doesn't sell incense. That's part of the reason it's my favorite lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

We do a ton of classes, and i think that's kinda the unwritten rule of having an adult store is the incense part. Cracks me up. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: Does your store sell incense?

Does your store ever host classes or meetings? Like a munch or Bondage 101?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:23 PM

I think we sell maybe one or two sticks a night because there's always that one dude who feels comfortable coming in and then they didn't ask for help so he ends up buying a few sticks for his trouble.

Quoting Anonymous 3: My favorite store doesn't sell incense. That's part of the reason it's my favorite lol.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 3: Does your store sell incense? Does your store ever host classes or meetings? Like a munch or Bondage 101?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)