Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you pay for daycare a week?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:17 PM
  • 24 Replies
I haven't ever used daycare, but I am looking into for my youngest. I was surprised at how much the daycare I was looking at costs. They want $230 a week for my 2 year old. How much is daycare where you are? I'm still going to look at other places. This place was my first choice because my daughter goes to preK next door and my son will be going to PreK there next year. They are sister schools.
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:19 PM
When my DD was FT I paid $140 a week.

Now I pay $75 a week for two kids, before and after school.

I use home daycare.
boredhousewif83
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM
I was expecting them to say around $165. I was shocked at $230. Now it's going to be interesting seeing what other places say.

Quoting KairisMama: When my DD was FT I paid $140 a week.

Now I pay $75 a week for two kids, before and after school.

I use home daycare.
cynnie22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:21 PM

$110, reputable inhome daycare.  She is 3.5yo.

It was $115 but she gave me a single mom discount after I left my husband.  Pretty cool.

boredhousewif83
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:23 PM
I don't know if I'm willing to for an in home daycare. I feel like I might as well keep him home with me if I do that.

Quoting cynnie22:

It was $115 but she gave me a single mom discount after I left my husband.  Pretty cool.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:24 PM
Around here it would be around $120 - $150.
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:26 PM
I pay $765 a month for my 3yr old for 5 days from 8:30-3. It would be $900 for 5 full days. I also pay a nanny $200 a week. Childcare expenses suck!
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:26 PM
Why do you want daycare? Is it for work or just social time for your child? A home environment gives more 1:1 time and a much more flexible schedule in my experience.

Quoting boredhousewif83: I don't know if I'm willing to for an in home daycare. I feel like I might as well keep him home with me if I do that.
Quoting cynnie22:

boredhousewif83
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:28 PM
She did tell me that was the full day price and they have different rates for half days, but I am sure it's not going to be much cheaper.

Quoting lollip0p: I pay $765 a month for my 3yr old for 5 days from 8:30-3. It would be $900 for 5 full days. I also pay a nanny $200 a week. Childcare expenses suck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:30 PM
5 full days for my 4 year old is $980 a month. Breakfast, lunch, and two snacks a day are included.
boredhousewif83
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:31 PM
I've been a SAHM for 13 years and I am just ready for a change. I have 5 kids, so my youngest is very social. I want to take some self enrichment classes and start working on myself. I can do it without him being in daycare but that would mean my husband taking time away from his work, he works from home. We could make it work but he is our only income and I wouldn't want to risk that.

Quoting KairisMama: Why do you want daycare? Is it for work or just social time for your child? A home environment gives more 1:1 time and a much more flexible schedule in my experience.

Quoting boredhousewif83: I don't know if I'm willing to for an in home daycare. I feel like I might as well keep him home with me if I do that.
Quoting cynnie22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)