Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I tried burning her house down ...

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:24 PM
  • 25 Replies
A friend of 20 yrs and I had been talking ...I wanted to move back to the city and she needed a way to make some extra cash so she could continue to afford living in her house (husband left a year prior).
She wanted to renovate bedrooms down stairs which her father said he would pay for.
So...myself and my DD moved in with her and renovations were started.
The agreement was and it was written and signed ..that I would pay $700 for rent which included the electricity and gas..and I would provide food for myself and DD and anything else we needed.
(By the way her mortgage was only $450.00 per month).
In the three weeks I was there..her father had taken back the offer to pay for renovations...so I started pitching in for the cost , we had to fire the guy that was doing them so my SO took over the job.
I would watch her two kids (2 & 8) whenever she needed..showers..to go out ...I didn't mind..in turn I was able to go out and leave my DD there without worry (my DD is almost 14).
Within two weeks of us living there however she started demanding that I and my daughter be home for dinner ...she approached me and told me we were going to have to sit down and figure out my half of the electricity and gas bills....huh?
After a while she would freak out about everything ...couldn't find her child's bottles..it was my fault (she later found them in her toy box ..and just laughed it off).
I brought groceries into the house twice in three weeks time.
The one morning myself and my DD hadn't even come upstairs yet and she made breakfast for everyone than told us it was ready ...i walked up the stairs and said thank you hun but we're not hungry and we're still not fully awake...and few hours later she told me I had to give her $200 for food because she wasn't going to let herself get screwed over.

By the third week I could clearly see that the arrangments just wasn't going to work and I found another place and moved out.

In the process of moving she got in my face ..told me I was using her..that I didn't care about anything or anyone..I tried to explain that as room mates we clashed and I didn't think living together was the best choice..she continued so I told her if she kept it up I would be bringing the cops with me to get the rest of my things. I was able remove my belongings on a better note after after that.
I haven't spoken to her for months.

She saw my DD the other day and told her that someone tried burning down her house and that she shouldn't be surprised if the cops show up at our place to talk to me...

REALLY?? First off I walked past her place the other day ...it looked fine to me ...second she has no clue where I live ..and third and most importantly who tells a child that kind of stuff? ??

Ok ..vent over...

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leelee1008
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Sounds like she forgot to take her crazy pills

Lanie1313
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:29 PM
I don't think there's enough on the market for how much she needs lol

Quoting Leelee1008:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:30 PM
That's why I'd never, ever have roommates lol.
Sorry she turned crazy. Is the friendship completely ruined now?
Lanie1313
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:32 PM
Oh Yea ...it was ruined before I moved out.
I had no plans on keeping in touch with her at all

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's why I'd never, ever have roommates lol.
Sorry she turned crazy. Is the friendship completely ruined now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:33 PM

lol

blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:34 PM
I guess had enough of the crazy.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:36 PM
Dang, that escalated fast. Yeah that's why I have never wanted to do the whole roommate thing.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:39 PM
Wow. Roommates suck! Get your alibi ready & be glad you got out of there.
Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:39 PM

Nah......she's crazy enough. She needs ANTI-crazy pills. :)

Quoting Leelee1008:

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Who would set fire to her house?

The list is probably as long as my arm.  I'm sure you're not the only person she has screwed over.  BTW, her mortgage was $450 and you were paying $700 and half the utilities, WHY for fucks sake?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)