Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

was looking up my house I purchased in 2011 and found this! was wondering if I should be concerned! * UPDATE! WOW!*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I was just fooling around looking up my house and I found a little over a year after I moved in apparently there was an electrical permit pulled by the previous owners wife and the electronic co. I'm pretty sure is the one that the husband worked for.

I would probably just think maybe it was an error but these people put us through HELL when buying this house and they were major liers...long story. So it wouldn't surprise me if they were pulling something.

Anyways. ..there shouldn't be any record of permits or electrical work on my house in 2012 with the previous owner being the client since it was MY HOUSE 9/30/2011. And instructions for future buyers of this house to verify this info and the license of the electrical company. Ugh. IDK if this made any sense but there it is.

EDIT: So I called the Electrician company. The receptionist was like " oh my I'll transfer you to somebody who can help" Yeah That lady was NO help. She said they did NOT work in residential housing, just business and then she transfered me to the electrical company! Grrrr! So I called back...told the original lady what happened. Told her I had the permit number and asked if she could just look it up. She couldn't ( or didn't want to. All the people who could help me were " out of town" I then asked if the clients husband worked for them. ( I Of course didn't put it that way) She looked him up and said " oh yes...do you want to speak to him?" Ha ! No way! So he works for them, there was a permit for work taken out for my house in HIS wife's name after we had been living here more than a year. Guess I will be calling the state tomorrow to find out what the permit was for since they won't help me. Ugh
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think you can go to the office where the permit was pulled & get some info since you're the owner of the home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:50 PM
Bump
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:53 PM
Call the office and find out more information. You may be able to look up if there were any inspections too. Some jurisdictions don't final a job out until they issue the certificate of completion which has to be requested by the contractor and contractors forget to do this all the time. I'm a construction project manager for a commercial GC and I'm always calling our subs to final out their stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:54 PM

I would go talk to the city. They are trying to pull something. The man that sold my mom her house actually took permits out in deceased people's names and the work was VERY poorly done by him. Of course nothing ever came of it but at least we know why everything was done so horribly. My mom didn't have the money to go after him at the time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
This is where I would start.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I would think you can go to the office where the permit was pulled & get some info since you're the owner of the home.
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:55 PM
Check on it. Correct it now because it could cause major problems in the future when you decide to sell it.
conweis
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:35 PM
This

Quoting TexanMomOf6: Check on it. Correct it now because it could cause major problems in the future when you decide to sell it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:38 PM
Bump
coala
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:05 PM

You don 't call the state...you call the county or the city depending on your municipality.  You ask if there were any inspections done...and ask that they close out the permit since you didn't pull it or authorize to pull it.

This is part of what I do for a living.  We check to make sure that there aren't any open code violations or permits on properties that are being purchased.

I wish you luck!!!  Please be patient with the people in the building department because they are going to be just as confused as you are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:09 PM
Keep us updated I wonder if they got a permit for that house but we're working on a different one
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)