Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel I have some mental problems

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I'm not going to a Dr, but I feel I do have problems. I had a horrible time in school. I took algebra 1 for 4 years. I can never remember stuff, I'm only 24. I don't understand a lot, I tend to have to think of stuff and I hate talking to people because I have no idea what to talk about. I don't really know why my parents never took me to a dr. My parents have always told me I have problems. What do you think? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:28 PM
I think you are ok. Work on those areas and they will improve
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:30 PM
Have you always been forgetful? I mean, it all sounds pretty normal if you ask me.. Some people just struggle in school and maybe you just need some extra time to process stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:49 PM

yes and 4 years repeating algebra 1 isn't alarming at all?

Quoting Anonymous 3: Have you always been forgetful? I mean, it all sounds pretty normal if you ask me.. Some people just struggle in school and maybe you just need some extra time to process stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:52 PM

I've tried, I just can't.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think you are ok. Work on those areas and they will improve

autodidact
by Snarknado on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:52 PM

is this in college? have you tried using the school's math lab, sought tutoring? 

https://www.khanacademy.org/ is great for math help, too.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 3: Have you always been forgetful? I mean, it all sounds pretty normal if you ask me.. Some people just struggle in school and maybe you just need some extra time to process stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:53 PM

If you have mental problems because of math, then most people have mental problems.  Being bad at math doesn't mean you need a doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:54 PM
Get some more 'tools' to help you along the way...do you like to read? Find quick easy techniques to help to practice...

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think you are ok. Work on those areas and they will improve

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:58 PM

no this was high school. I still struggle.

Quoting autodidact:

is this in college? have you tried using the school's math lab, sought tutoring? 

https://www.khanacademy.org/ is great for math help, too.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM

I think you should read where I have memory problems.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

If you have mental problems because of math, then most people have mental problems.  Being bad at math doesn't mean you need a doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:02 PM

I hate reading. I stutter and mix up my words/letters. Can't pronounce some words

Quoting Anonymous 2: Get some more 'tools' to help you along the way...do you like to read? Find quick easy techniques to help to practice...
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)