Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Makeup experts

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:13 PM
  • 7 Replies

or close too i am starting to get some makeup for myself again but it's been years since i've bought any and so i'm slowly starting... foundation tips advice best way to make sure i get the right color. etc... 

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SerpentsKiss
by Erica on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:18 PM
Go to Sephora and ask them to color match you.
oscar2000
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:22 PM
Bare Minerals is awesome. They have tons of shades and different formulas. The girls at the boutiques are really helpful.
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Go to reddit, the subreddit AsianBeauty... You will thank me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:26 PM
Go to Sephora or Ulta and have them do the color test. It is very accurate. I prefer Urban Decay foundations and it Cosmetics BB cream. You should splurge for an Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit, too!
mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:27 PM
First decide if you want full covered or partial coverage. I think partial looks more natural, but full can cover conditions such as rosacea. From there test the color on the back of your hand for a good match.

I disagree with asking the girls at Sephora only because they all look like China dolls. I believe make up should enhance your look, not make you look like a Barbie. The associates are good for questions like which make ups are long lasting, waterproof, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:29 PM

bump

ilovemykids323
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:31 PM

thanks... i dont even think we havea sephora around here. 

Quoting mrswillie: First decide if you want full covered or partial coverage. I think partial looks more natural, but full can cover conditions such as rosacea. From there test the color on the back of your hand for a good match. I disagree with asking the girls at Sephora only because they all look like China dolls. I believe make up should enhance your look, not make you look like a Barbie. The associates are good for questions like which make ups are long lasting, waterproof, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)