Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idk what to do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
The last thing I want is a c-section but I have a feeling I'm going to need one :(

Ultrasound could not find my placenta at 19 weeks, and today at 33 weeks, still can't find it but predicts placenta previa and can't find my cervix
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:07 PM
Are they doing your ultrasound transabdominal or transvaginal?

If your doctor sis rots placenta previa a csection is the safest option for you and your baby.

Why are you so against having one?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:07 PM
I had c sections both times and so did my mother before me... And countless others.
It'll be ok. Don't put so much thought into it. Just take it one minute at a time and focus on the ending - going home with your baby <3
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:09 PM

I had placenta previa and didn't have to have a c-section.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:10 PM
They actually did both just trying to find it and failed😟

I have friends who are still going through the complications of their c-sections and their babies are now 4 and 5.

My only complication from doing it natural was sporadic periods and I prefer that to not being able to move around in the beginning since I have a 6 year old hyper kid

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are they doing your ultrasound transabdominal or transvaginal?

If your doctor sis rots placenta previa a csection is the safest option for you and your baby.

kiddycat73
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:11 PM
My sister in law just had a chance section today for the exact same reason. There was no other option. If the placenta is delivered 1st, the baby could die. I understand why you don't want one, but sometimes things like this happen and it is the only safe option.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:13 PM
Thank you 😟

Quoting kiddycat73: My sister in law just had a chance section today for the exact same reason. There was no other option. If the placenta is delivered 1st, the baby could die. I understand why you don't want one, but sometimes things like this happen and it is the only safe option.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:15 PM
It's way too early to tell, they are not even sure where it is yet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:17 PM
There are tons of complications both ways. My friend ripped through her rectum and had to wear a diaper for weeks until she could have it surgically fixed.

I'm only 26 weeks and with both my pregnancies sections have been a possibility. With my oldest I toughed it out but was hospitalized for a week after. This time if I have to have a csection in going to have my tubes tied at the same time since I'm done having kids lol.

I know people who have had it hard and easy both ways. Just stay positive and look forward to holding your baby 😊

Quoting Anonymous 1: They actually did both just trying to find it and failed😟

I have friends who are still going through the complications of their c-sections and their babies are now 4 and 5.

My only complication from doing it natural was sporadic periods and I prefer that to not being able to move around in the beginning since I have a 6 year old hyper kid

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are they doing your ultrasound transabdominal or transvaginal?

hart57
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:18 PM
I didn't have one, but was close both times. I sort of freaked when he mentioned having one. He asked me why I was upset, and I said I never imaged having one and it was major surgery. His reply was, let's do what is best for you and the baby. I felt better about it. That is what matters most.

But my kids got their act straight at the last minute and I avoided them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:18 PM
That's why they're worried. I'm 33 weeks now and he's very low

Quoting Anonymous 4: It's way too early to tell, they are not even sure where it is yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)