Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex is upset because my step kids come to my house and not his...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My exDH and I just recently got divorced. He cheated and we all found out when his mistress got mad at revealed it at my sdaughters birthday party (she was a close "family friend" the kids called her Aunt _____)

Needless to say we were done then and there. At first he tried to refuse to let me see them. They pretty much told him to go fuck himself and refused to go over there. Instead of going to his house half the time they come to mine.

BM doesnt exactly like it but the kids are happy this way. They are all 16+ so they can decide where to live (I live in NB 16 is the age to decide where to live with or without parental permission).

He is very upset. I understand it to a point but at the same time his actions have consequences and his actions had the consequence of his kids not wanting to be around him. It has gotten to the point where the kids are looking into getting a restraining order against him because of his constant nagging them, following them, and showing up to try to make them talk to him.

I am sure some people on here will be upset about this but the kids are happy and IMO that is all that matters. My house will always be open to them
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:40 PM

sounds ok to me.... I feel really bad for the kids, hard on a teen when they see their dad be such a dick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:41 PM
I feel bad for them also. Especially SD who found out at her birthday party that all of this happened. It was her sweet 16 and it was a huge deal for her all to be ruined by her father and his actions.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

sounds ok to me.... I feel really bad for the kids, hard on a teen when they see their dad be such a dick.

Sheila79
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
He did it to himself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Please tell me the family is also shunning the family "friend", Aunt ____.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I feel bad for them also. Especially SD who found out at her birthday party that all of this happened. It was her sweet 16 and it was a huge deal for her all to be ruined by her father and his actions.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:46 PM

They are. They never want to talk to her again. They all have very very harsh words to say to her. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Please tell me the family is also shunning the family "friend", Aunt ____.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I feel bad for them also. Especially SD who found out at her birthday party that all of this happened. It was her sweet 16 and it was a huge deal for her all to be ruined by her father and his actions.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

JennPearce
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:47 PM

So sorry he caused a shit show at his daughter's birthday. It sounds like the kids know who has their best interest in mind.

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:49 PM
They love and respect you😀
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh well.
There are consequences for being a Sleazy Bastard.
hart57
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 3:11 PM
I'm glad you have chosen to support them. But I would support a relationship with there dad as well. He is there father, unless he was a poor father before the affair, I would encourage them to try. My marriage issues don't need to be theirs .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)